Reloading

Dewayne1076

Looking for someone who can reload 25-06 and/or 300 wsm ammo. Located in Whiteville NC about 30 mins from Wilmington or myrtle beach.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don't think you will find anyone who will reload ammunition for you. There are laws and liability issues.

BDoby

Spike
There is still a good bit of cost involved to reload. Unless you are tryin to load up target ammo or work up a round for better accuracy your just as well off buying factory.

MAM3006

Six Pointer
Better to invest in the equipment and start reloading yourself than to ask someone to do it for you. Over time the start up costs are recovered & save money, you gain a new hobby and can create loads that work best for your guns.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
It won't save you anything you will just shoot twice as much ammo!

This is what I usually wind up doing.:D

It's hard to buy brass, bullets, powder and primers and save money. However after shoot the factory stuff it gets cheap enough to pay for the equipment in a short while. I know I started reloading for my hard to find calibers that are usually pricey, it paid for my equipment fast. It has since spread to my other cartridges and I sure have fun shooting, trying different loads and bullets.

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
Reloading will save you money over time. My experience and observation is that people who load their own ammo are usually better shots than most people. Could be because they shoot more than people who buy all factory ammo and it could be that reloads are more accurate or maybe consistent than factory loads.
Anyway, I have loaded my own for years, I load, 380, 38spl, 357mag, 44mag, 7.62x.25, 9mm, 45acp, 223, 300 blackout, 30/06, 308, 7.62x54, 30-30, 45/70 and .50bmg when I owned a rifle, and in shotgun I load 410, 20, 16 and 12. It was a big investment in the equipment but I bought it a piece at a time and it has paid for itself.
Components were as hard top find as ammunition for a while but it is getting easier to locate components now and the price has come down.

Could we maybe get a reloading section on this forum? Just a thought, but I am willing to share any info I have with others. I'm not claiming to be an expert, just I learned a lot along the way.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I started a few months ago with 45ACP. Right from the start I was saving 50% over decent store bought ammo. As I reuse the brass it will be even cheaper. I'm not sure it will save me much on some smaller pistol calibers but I can load exactly what I want. For .223 it wont save me anything over the surplus or green tip ammo but it will save me a ton on custom match grade ammo. The same thing with my 30-06.

Dewayne1076

I don't think you will find anyone who will reload ammunition for you. There are laws and liability issues.

All new to me, had a guy that was reloading dove shot for me. Didn't know there were any laws behind it. Ive thought about starting to reload but if it wont save me any money then ill probably stick with factory ammo.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
All new to me, had a guy that was reloading dove shot for me. Didn't know there were any laws behind it. Ive thought about starting to reload but if it wont save me any money then ill probably stick with factory ammo.

I'm not sure about the legalities of it but I know there is a huge liability issue.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
You won't save much money unless you shoot a lot but it is rewarding and relaxing to me.

+1 for a reloading section on this forum! Been loading .357 and 9mm for a few years now, about to get started doing rifle cartridges. Like everyone else says, I haven't saved any gross money but have done a whole lot more shooting for a whole lot less money per round. Get some equipment and do some extensive reading. It's well worth it!

herman

Six Pointer
I have been reloading my own bullets since early !950's.
I have reloaded some for friends and family members without charge, and have taught several how to reload their own on my press.
If you are going to get someone to load for you be sure they know what they are doing. Each rifle can take different amounts of pressure. And must be loaded for accordingly.
Years ago I was in the gun shop and a fellow and his wife came in wanting to know how to get in touch with a Remington rep. The right side of his face looked like a train had hit him and part of his right hand was missing.
The fellow that owned the shop asked him why he was needing a rep and he said he was shooting his new rem 270 with some reloads his friend gave him.
The owner told him he could give him the rem phone number but he didn't think rem would do anything for his injures.
So if you start reloading or getting someone to reload for you, don't take for granted that a book max load will work in your gun. Always start lower and work up for each gun.
I am at the range at least one day a week shooting a lot of different rifles and if I didn't reload I wouldn't be able to with the price on factory ammo now days.
Be safe and good shooting.