reloading setups

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
All

getting ready to get my stuff back out of storage and set up a small room (my all purpose room) for reloading. Not a newbie as I have reloaded off and on for 30 years,,,, but have always reloaded out of a larger building (garage type) where I had a door sized table (in fact the top was a flat, solid wood door blank) drilled out for the reloading apparatus. Don'ty have that kind of building here (yet),,,,,,,so may put that in the all purpose room, or may go smaller as I could use other space to do my archery work (bow press, arrows, etc)

so let's see some pictures for ideas,,,,,,,,,,

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I have a kind of large setup for my reloading. I have been working on my reloading setup in my new shop for the past few months. I got it about 80% complete and moved on to getting the shop itself complete, but if I needed to reload some rounds, I could at this stage even though it is not finished. Hope to have it 100% complete here in about 60 days.

DSCN19273.JPG

DSCN19232.JPG

DSCN19241.JPG

CBD21

Eight Pointer
No pictures of mine right now but I've got a 2' deep and 4' long bench and wish it was bigger, but it gets the job done for now and has storage underneath and off to the side. Got a RCBS rock chucker mounted towards the center a Lyman powder measure to the left and another LEE press to the right that I normally just run pistol stuff on.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Now that is a nice looking setup.

<>< Fish

I have a kind of large setup for my reloading. I have been working on my reloading setup in my new shop for the past few months. I got it about 80% complete and moved on to getting the shop itself complete, but if I needed to reload some rounds, I could at this stage even though it is not finished. Hope to have it 100% complete here in about 60 days.

DSCN19273.JPG

DSCN19232.JPG

DSCN19241.JPG

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Nobody wants to show their setup after seeing 1shot's....lol

I use a old computer desk for my reloading, it works well enough.
Not so terrible big but not that small either, it would probably work well in a small room.

670acb776977a578b19a195813f6fcfa.jpg

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

DSCN19273.JPG

DSCN19232.JPG

DSCN19241.JPG

nice setup,,,,that's the style (generally) I had with my previous outbuildings but I don't have room in the current space for my old set up or anything remotely close,,,,,,,,until I get the new outbuilding but that is a year or more away (to many other expenditures have higher priority),,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nobody wants to show their setup after seeing 1shot's....lol

I use a old computer desk for my reloading, it works well enough.
Not so terrible big but not that small either, it would probably work well in a small room.

670acb776977a578b19a195813f6fcfa.jpg

yes, I think something like that is what I will need to do,,,,,,still in planning stages but need to get going as I am running low on some critical calibers and I am back into shooting more often (I was allowing work to get in the way of shooting,,,,dang shame,,,,,,,,)

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
Thats a very nice set up. When I get my garage cleaned out from the move I will set mine up in there. I have the only house I have seen with heat and air in the garage! It should make for comfortable reloading!

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I have mine on the harbor freight bench. You can get one for about $130. It has a wooden block vise and four smooth drawers on rollers.
cf017e73cad0b9970ef38c55d4591602.jpg

I had to put it on 4x6s to get it high enough to be comfy.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
All

getting ready to get my stuff back out of storage and set up a small room (my all purpose room) for reloading. Not a newbie as I have reloaded off and on for 30 years,,,, but have always reloaded out of a larger building (garage type) where I had a door sized table (in fact the top was a flat, solid wood door blank) drilled out for the reloading apparatus. Don'ty have that kind of building here (yet),,,,,,,so may put that in the all purpose room, or may go smaller as I could use other space to do my archery work (bow press, arrows, etc)

so let's see some pictures for ideas,,,,,,,,,,

I'm forced to keep all my toys in a small room in the basement. It's pretty tight, but I manage to reload, fletch arrows and wrap rods when I need to. I really need to clean it up and get a more comfortable chair.

ACTP0044_zps2dc6cc8a.jpg

IMG_20120315_2045032.jpg

I mounted my presses on the side of the desk, mostly just use the single stage these days even though I like doing big runs (100+) of ammo. To me it's just better to trim, anneal, then load a bunch at a time for best consistency.
DSC_0178.jpg

The clear the desk to fletch up some arrows.

P2160149_zps40da84cb.jpg

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I'm forced to keep all my toys in a small room in the basement. It's pretty tight, but I manage to reload, fletch arrows and wrap rods when I need to. I really need to clean it up and get a more comfortable chair.

ACTP0044_zps2dc6cc8a.jpg

IMG_20120315_2045032.jpg

I mounted my presses on the side of the desk, mostly just use the single stage these days even though I like doing big runs (100+) of ammo. To me it's just better to trim, anneal, then load a bunch at a time for best consistency.
DSC_0178.jpg

The clear the desk to fletch up some arrows.

P2160149_zps40da84cb.jpg

Holy crap

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
tunanut - that's what my room will likely end up looking like except switch tuna rods for flying tying stuff,,,,,,,already mostly that way as it is,,,,wanting to get the bench in before I get much farther

taxidermist - I like that bench idea,,,with the drawers,,,,

thanks all for the ideas

Guybo

Eight Pointer
My reloading setup is pretty small and simple these days compared to others. I've been at it a long time and was really involved but at one point reloading became more of a job than a hobby and it just wasn't fun for me anymore. I slowly began to downsize and now only load for 3 rifles which are mine and my kids and I really enjoy it. I do help my brothers from time to time. I think for me now a days the most satisfying part of reloading is learning my son and daughter the art of reloading and watching them reload. Here's our little setup.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
thanks gentlemen for the ideas,,,,,,,

Guybo - I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of my DRMO metal desk!!

Milky7272

Spike
uploadfromtaptalk1433144065250.jpg
Until I get my new house built I have my stuff set up in a 40 ft shipping container. I use the front 15 feet for my set up and the rest for storage while getting ready for the biuld. I plan on putting a basement in my new house and that's where I will set my stuff up then.