Refreshing and spot on

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
She’ll get trashed for that

the comments from players about being “owned” make me chuckle. - like they didn’t volunteer, in fact fight for, positions on teams so they get paid to play a game

i feel for them,,,not

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I think sports as my generation has known it has pretty much been over for a while.

the ball players have gone from professional acting people to activists who think they’re something special.

it’s sad , since my granddaughter won’t be able to enjoy watching or participating in sports just because it’s fun.

that totally sucks.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
From the article...

"So now that we're kind of taking our power back and asking for, you know, better placing in communities, we're asking for more resources to be poured in, I think it is uncomfortable."

All of these things are attained by hard work. The exact same type of hard work she put in to get to the WNBA. The only issue is the black community has no interest in rolling up their sleeves and earning it. They want someone to give it to them. It can't be given. They must police their own to a standard they wish to become.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those statements were spot on, but you can see they immediately began the cancel culture. She dared to stand up and say the truth - what the BLM movement really stands for, and what it's real effects are - and she is already paying for it. The video stated, "She went as far as to say BLM was a divisive political movement". That's about the nicest thing I could say about BLM. They are much more than that.

I thought her statements were not only spot-on truthful, they were very well written. Unfortunately, not only will they not be well received, they have not been received at all. Like children covering their ears. Nope, she has shown her "true colors". Apparently wanting unity among Americans and in sports is racist. Wanting a place of refuge from politics is racist. Rejection of Marxism is racist. Speaking out against domestic terrorism and the murder of innocent black children is racist. Any dialogue on the merit of their movement is racist. There can only be one position, and that is conformity. Anything and anyone else gets canceled. It HAS to.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
That article said Vanessa Guillen was killed as "police or racial violence".
That is a flat out lie.
As reported, she was a hispanic woman serving in the US Army at Ft. Hood, TX. She was killed in the armory, on duty, by a coworker that had been sexually harassing her. He was hispanic, also.
The poor girl's body was dismembered, and disposed of by him and his caucasion girlfriend under rocks in a river.
He killed himself as police moved in to capture him.

THAT IS NOT POLICE OR RACIAL VIOLENCE.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Spent some time listening to Ben Shapiro recently and he pretty much sums things up with the problems of todays society
Everyone can pretty much agree there have been wrongs in the past, everyone agrees that there are problems today
Where things fall apart is using logic and facts to discuss these issues.
He notes the racial issues but as soon as you speak against something like BLM then you are a racist - because its an easy out to make those who oppose instead of using sound reasoning and facts to correct a problem
He also used the gun argument - he noted that both sides of the gun debate believes something needs to change, if you try to argue using logic and reasoning with those who want gun bans then its simple, you support the killing of kids

Using facts from Chicago the BLM will fight and argue about police brutality where in 2020 there have been 7 police shootings where 3 of those were killed. Where a logical thinking person will suggest there is a bigger problem as there have been 2073 shootings with 376 deaths out of them.
Again, what should we all be discussing, a perceived problem (understanding there are some bad cops that need to be dealt with) or a truly horrific problem with B on B violence

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Seemingly, they could lower that number greatly. All they have to do is bring back Winchester's Black Talon ammo. :ROFLMAO: