Redheads and ruddy ducks.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
My fiancé is a bit of a wine connoisseur. Doesn’t drink often but knows her wines. Brought a duck home from a supposed-to-be dove hunt (long story , but legal lol) last year around Xmas. Brined and smoked it and it was incredible. She kept insisting I try it with some wine. I’m more of an occasional beer or bourbon man. She kept hemmin n hawwin so finally I agreed . Blew my mind. I spent the rest of the night taking sips and then bites of duck. Then taking bites of duck and sips of wine afterward. Unbelievably good. Then I got a text at 10 pm saying we had to work the next day when I thought we were off all week lol!!! Fortunately a Tupperware full of smoked duck kept the demons at bay in the work truck. Looks great buddy. Happy Ducksgiving

JD1107

My fiancé is a bit of a wine connoisseur. Doesn’t drink often but knows her wines. Brought a duck home from a supposed-to-be dove hunt (long story , but legal lol) last year around Xmas. Brined and smoked it and it was incredible. She kept insisting I try it with some wine. I’m more of an occasional beer or bourbon man. She kept hemmin n hawwin so finally I agreed . Blew my mind. I spent the rest of the night taking sips and then bites of duck. Then taking bites of duck and sips of wine afterward. Unbelievably good. Then I got a text at 10 pm saying we had to work the next day when I thought we were off all week lol!!! Fortunately a Tupperware full of smoked duck kept the demons at bay in the work truck. Looks great buddy. Happy Ducksgiving
I’m curious what type of wine you matched it with. I’m not a big wine drinker but am always up for a good bottle mixed with a delicious meal.

JD1107

Care to share the recipe? Marinade?
Was just a marinade I usually use on my steaks or backstraps. Worcestershire sauce, splash of liquid smoke, garlic powder, pepper and some seasoning salt. Let it marinade for two days then grilled at 420 for 6 mins.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Thank you for the marinade tip. The older I get the more I appreciate a good glass of red wine with a meal. I can't remember the last time I had tea or water with dinner. Many thumb their noses to the "wine and cheese" crowd but this redneck has discovered a whole new world of good eats. A good cheese paired with a good wine is really hard to beat. Lately I've gotten into the Malbec's. But a good Pinot Noir (peanut of the night...:ROFLMAO:) with beef is nothing to sneeze at. For those of you who know nothing about wines, a quick and easy way to figure them out is to read the label. A good wine will list a string of flavors with a final "finish". I haven't a clue on how they do it but if you take a moment ( and still have some taste buds left )and take a sip you will taste these flavors in the order they are listed on the bottle..like vanilla, blackberry, wild cherry, spices, and a dark chocolate finish, for example. It's down right strange but kind of fun at the same time. You will like some over the others, and eventually you will have a few "go-to" brands that you (but maybe no one else!) prefer.