Redfish setup advice

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Better picture showing it was not bait... just 2 hungry Blues that wanted to fight over food.

Attachments

• 20151020_095219.jpg
    20151020_095219.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 24

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It doesn't. .....
That was what I got in......
but this was the best last fall... just did not see many big ones.
i hear that alot from sand veterans. guys that go for weeks on end when it is "right"
they really do not like to hear how easy it is from a boat. :)

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Last fall was tough. Killer spring though. This spring wasn’t bad either. When it decided to go off on the planks, it went off. Late Nov early Dec

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
In my opinion it is tough to beat just using a plain ole carolina rig with a chunk of bait when you are first starting out. If you can get a live finger mullet even better. I use circle hooks and small egg weight.

Chucking lures is great fun too but something about me just loves to soak bait.

My son caught 25 today on a Carolina rig. Several keepers and several between 28”-36”.

BiggestSpikeYouEverSeen

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Call them Redfish or Drum....I don't really care. But, if you choose to fish with cut or live bait, ALWAYS use circle hooks.

I agree. You'll catch more fish and most of the time you'll get a proper hookup. You'll spend more time reeling them in and their odds of swallowing that hook go way down as long as you keep a tight line. I use 12 lb mono line and a 17 lb leader. For the most part they're all great fighters but when you hook into a slab you'll know it. The bigger ones will give it everything they have so make sure they're ready to swim before you turn loose of them when releasing. Good luck!