Redfield Rebel scope

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Leupold bought Redfield and came out with the Revolution and Revenge lines. They have since stopped production of those. I see a new Rebel line that are apparently an Academy exclusive. Anyone know anything about these?

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Only thing I have found is Leupold sold Redfield to Academy Sports whose is now using the Redfield name.
Scopes are made in China not sure about binos but I assume those are also.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Only thing I have found is Leupold sold Redfield to Academy Sports whose is now using the Redfield name.
Scopes are made in China not sure about binos but I assume those are also.
There's the news release pertaining to that.

I did not realize Leupold had sold off Redfield. I have a 2-7 Revolution on my son's Ruger American, and it's served us well. I wonder how the quality and support will be with Academy.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There's the news release pertaining to that.

I did not realize Leupold had sold off Redfield. I have a 2-7 Revolution on my son's Ruger American, and it's served us well. I wonder how the quality and support will be with Academy.
I love my 2-7 Revolution. My understanding is they used the old Vari-Xii glass.

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
My Revenges are right on the tail of my Leupold VX-3 scopes, could not tell the difference until well after last shooting light. I would bet the new Redfield scopes will fall short.

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
Rolled the dice and ordered a 4-12x40 from Academy. On sale For $112, plus got 10% off so $108 delivered to the house.
Let us know how it is, I am eying Redfield's lvpos for the price. If the 4-12x doesn't work out, my 4-12x44 Vortex Sonora that is decent. Palmetto has them for $99, or $129 with mount.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like Academy has a lifetime free replacement policy -
Because we know the quality and value of our Redfield optics are unmatched, Academy backs them with a lifetime warranty. If your Redfield optic is defective, damaged, or malfunctioning - for any reason - return it to your local Academy for a replacement, free of charge.

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
Looks like Academy has a lifetime free replacement policy -
Because we know the quality and value of our Redfield optics are unmatched, Academy backs them with a lifetime warranty. If your Redfield optic is defective, damaged, or malfunctioning - for any reason - return it to your local Academy for a replacement, free of charge.
That sounds promising. Good to know they are reading the room for warranty coverage. Off the top of my head, Cabela's, Vortex, Athlon, Bushnell, and Burris have the same policy.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So plans changed slightly. Waited until this morning to place the order to catch their Black Friday week long sale that started today. Got it for $96.51 to my door. Looked at one in 3-9x50 at the Apex store yesterday. I'd say it's like the Redfield Revenge and Nikon Pro-Staff Lines. I also verified their warranty. They said any problems bring it in for a free replacement.