Red woof attack

double

Twelve Pointer
Or that is your story.

No 100% certain its not my story. I wasn’t there and they are not my dogs. No one wants to believe their dogs killed an old lady but if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd its probably a turd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odie408

Ten Pointer
If you want to believe it was those pits that were cleared that is your right. But I, the family and neighbors don't. Like I've said, if all I knew was what I have read I would believe it was the pits too. I don't hate the woof but I do hate pits.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Those two pits killed the woman. Apparently no one wants to admits it. They may be sweet babies but they killed the woman. Could have been playing that turned into killing but they killed her. I know lots of you hate the woofs but blaming the is no different than a crime victim saying it was a black guy no matter who it was. Just placing blame against the evidence does not make evidence. Give it up those sweet baby pits who would never hurt a fly killed an old woman.

You have it right, but backwards, you are blaming the pits without evidence. You are are convicting them due to stereotyping. Was there a DNA match to these dogs? No. Could domestic dog DNA been mixed with a coywolf, sure. There are black coyotes or should I say hydrids. Coyotes are not black from what I have read meaning those genes came from wolves or dogs. Could it have been the pits? Maybe, but no proof. Fact is they, wildlife, didn't want the perp to be pursued by a pack of hounds, even when they initiated the contact. Two, they told the BCSO to stop the investigation. Well, if all the evidence was pointing to the pits why did they stop? After all, vicious dogs need to be put down. Kind of leaves room for a law suit against the county if the pits do attack.

A big cat, I doubt. I don't think you could absolutely rule it out. I don't think you could rule anything out due to lack of evidence. Wildlife officials calling off the investigation due to evidence or the lack of should make one suspicious or at least think about it. They have not been truthful about the coywolf they have running all over NC, why believe them now?

Back to the cat for a minute. Evidence, cats have been known to travel over 1000 miles into the eastern US. Florida panthers have been found hundreds of miles away from where they should be in GA. Given this evidence it could be very possible that a large cat could be anywhere in NC. There have been credible sightings, just no proof. I have heard one and seen tracks five years apart where I hunt in the northern part of Nash county. I to truly think these were transit following the same travel corridors, not residents. They could have called home some where though and Odie has pics.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
You have it right, but backwards, you are blaming the pits without evidence. You are are convicting them due to stereotyping. Was there a DNA match to these dogs? No. Could domestic dog DNA been mixed with a coywolf, sure. There are black coyotes or should I say hydrids. Coyotes are not black from what I have read meaning those genes came from wolves or dogs. Could it have been the pits? Maybe, but no proof. Fact is they, wildlife, didn't want the perp to be pursued by a pack of hounds, even when they initiated the contact. Two, they told the BCSO to stop the investigation. Well, if all the evidence was pointing to the pits why did they stop? After all, vicious dogs need to be put down. Kind of leaves room for a law suit against the county if the pits do attack.

A big cat, I doubt. I don't think you could absolutely rule it out. I don't think you could rule anything out due to lack of evidence. Wildlife officials calling off the investigation due to evidence or the lack of should make one suspicious or at least think about it. They have not been truthful about the coywolf they have running all over NC, why believe them now?

Back to the cat for a minute. Evidence, cats have been known to travel over 1000 miles into the eastern US. Florida panthers have been found hundreds of miles away from where they should be in GA. Given this evidence it could be very possible that a large cat could be anywhere in NC. There have been credible sightings, just no proof. I have heard one and seen tracks five years apart where I hunt in the northern part of Nash county. I to truly think these were transit following the same travel corridors, not residents. They could have called home some where though and Odie has pics.
How does the wildlife have the authority to the BCSO to stop the investigation?

Where has it been stated (other than on this message board) that the two pet pitbulls were cleared by DNA evidence?

Odie's pic is of a house cat. There is no evidence at all of a mountain lion in NC. Just non-credible reports and folks who think they know what a track looks like. There would at least be one credible game camera pic. And there hasn't been one in NC.......ever.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I'll add this too. If those savior pitbulls went to the scene to break it up, then their DNA is now at the scene and they cannot be cleared.

double

Twelve Pointer

No those pits where not cleared they just never showed aggression per the article. Domestic dog dna was on the lady her blood was in their mouth. Sure sounds like a smoking gun if there has ever been one. Also i stead of saying if you knew what I or we know you would think differently. Well spit it out whats this super evidence you all know about. Either put it out there to prove otherwise or we will all assume there is no other evidence you speak of.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No those pits where not cleared they just never showed aggression per the article. Domestic dog dna was on the lady her blood was in their mouth. Sure sounds like a smoking gun if there has ever been one. Also i stead of saying if you knew what I or we know you would think differently. Well spit it out whats this super evidence you all know about. Either put it out there to prove otherwise or we will all assume there is no other evidence you speak of.

If I'm laying down outside bloodied up and someone lets my dogs out they are most likely going to run over to me and lick me. Their DNA is now on the scene and my DNA and blood is now on them. It sounds like she walked up on some sort of animal that had a fresh kill and the animal was food aggressive and attacked her. I've met some sweet animals that are awesome and level headed in all settings except when they are eating food.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
If I'm laying down outside bloodied up and someone lets my dogs out they are most likely going to run over to me and lick me. Their DNA is now on the scene and my DNA and blood is now on them. It sounds like she walked up on some sort of animal that had a fresh kill and the animal was food aggressive and attacked her. I've met some sweet animals that are awesome and level headed in all settings except when they are eating food.
If that were true then there is no way DNA evidence could clear the dogs as has been stated on here by some. You don't have dog saliva on the victim and victim blood in the mouth of a dog and say, "Oh OK, you seem nice so you're clear."

double

Twelve Pointer

I also used to have three sweet dogs that alone love to play with our goats. Would even sleep with them. Now let any two of them play with the goats at one time and we had a dead goat. Point being two large dogs could easily go from playful to killing quickly.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't know which "wildlife" agency is being continuously referenced, but I know for a fact that the NCWRC biologists and agency was told by BCSO that they were no longer needed in the investigation after they (NCWRC biologists) had submitted the first DNA evidence. If "wildlife" is being referenced, be specific about which agency you're referencing.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns

Did you say her blood was in the pits mouth?? I see it typed but just confirming.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Let's think of it like this....if this was a murder trial
And the dogs were on trial, with the evidence presented would they be guilty or not guilty....BASED SOLELY ON EVIDENCE, NOT FEELINGS

double

Twelve Pointer
Did you say her blood was in the pits mouth?? I see it typed but just confirming.

52d44ceaff6a1c6888750851b1b024fe.jpg

Yes human blood was found in their mouths

double

Twelve Pointer
Let's think of it like this....if this was a murder trial
And the dogs were on trial, with the evidence presented would they be guilty or not guilty....BASED SOLELY ON EVIDENCE, NOT FEELINGS

At the scene of the crime blood on a possible murder weapon ie their teeth. Should be a pretty slam dunk case. Guilty dogs

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
http://www.beaufortcountysheriff.org/2019/05/02/final-update-hamilton-animal-attack/

So, unlike someone stated on here earlier - the dog owner did not hear screaming from the lady and then let her dogs out. The dog owner was awakened by her dogs barking by the road where the attack occurred. All DNA points to the dogs and absolutely none of it clears the dogs (which was also stated by someone on here).

In my not so expert opinion, the dogs behave fine around people. But I bet those dogs killed the nutria, the lady walked up on them in the dark and they killed her while protecting their kill (nutria).

I wonder if any of these observers tried to put their hand in the dogs' food bowl.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
At the scene of the crime blood on a possible murder weapon ie their teeth. Should be a pretty slam dunk case. Guilty dogs

I agree with you 100%... And to take that even farther.... Your best pal Spot bites your mean neighbors kid on the leg. Kid needs stitches, and confirms with sheriff dept that Spot bit him. Animal control comes and takes Spot and has him euthanized. That is how things are done in almost every county in America, despite the breed of dog. I think we can all agree with this Spot scenario.

The BCSO AND the Beaufort County Dangerous Dog Committee decided these dogs didn't attack that lady. I would assume all of these Beaufort County Employees to be level headed competent individuals. Since they are well trained for this situation, why would they let these Pit Bull dogs off the hook? There has to be a valid reason. If they will euthanize a dog for a bite, I don't see any problem whatsoever with euthanizing these 2 Pit Bulls just to rule that out, even if the evidence was murky.

It just seems like making this go away, would be to declare the pits did it. BUT the BCSO didn't do that. It sounds like the only power play the BCSO had left was to say they didn't know what did it to protect the citizens, and to fan the flames about the Feds cover up.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
52d44ceaff6a1c6888750851b1b024fe.jpg

Yes human blood was found in their mouths

Thanks, I must have missed that. The dogs have to be at least suspects. just because they show no aggression to others doesnt mean they are innocent . 1/2 the murderers in the country would never be charged if that was the case. The feds are not holding anything back. The repercussions of someone doing that and caught would stop anyone from doing that. You think a fed employee wants to lose his job and Pension over a stupid wolf??? NO.

Domestic dog dna found on the body. Human blood found in the dogs mouth. Did the dna of the human blood in the dogs mouth match the victim? If so That's enough for me. Why take a chance it can happen again.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
It's all coming together now. The dog owner, who may or may not be Odie, has close ties to the sheriff and didnt want their dogs put down. Sheriff keeps it as in house as possible by asking others to stand down. Keeps it vague knowing the tin foil hat crowdwill handle the rest.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

A big cat, I doubt. I don't think you could absolutely rule it out. I don't think you could rule anything out due to lack of evidence. Wildlife officials calling off the investigation due to evidence or the lack of should make one suspicious or at least think about it.

Not to be argumentative, but you're a bit off on who did what. The BCSO and EMTs were the first on the scene. NCWRC was called and a team of biologists arrived after them. BCSO left the scene to the biologists to collect evidence AFTER turning the investigation to NCWRC due to belief it was a wild animal attack. BCSO called for the hounds. The biologist were still collecting evidence abandoned by BCSO when the hounds arrived and refused the release of more hounds due to additional contamination of the scene. No cover up involved in that move, people. Just standard and appropriate procedure for collection of evidence. Had the BCSO remained on the scene and performed their job, the NCWRC would not have been put in this situation. After NCWRC biologists doing the job that BCSO should have done and after submitting the evidence to the college, BCSO took over the investigation and removed the NCWRC from the investigation. Ironically, BCSO took over due to DNA showing NO wild animal evidence of being involved. The same results came back after multiple DNA tests by varying investigative labs. There was definitive domestic dog DNA down to the point of identifying the sex of the dogs (one male, one female).

Like I've said, I dislike the animal and despise the program, but blaming the NCWRC for this fiasco is wrong. The BCSO and maybe USFWS are the ones that have clustered this thing up. This family and community deserve the truth of the matter and I truly hope that the county commissioners have the balls to force this truth out of the BCSO and USFWS.

Castle Oak 2

Six Pointer
Mike has nailed it. BCSO botched the investigation, first by not securing/guarding evidence when they first arrived and secondly when they told NCWRC to stand down. Also key here is the BCSO quarantined two dogs. Ask yourself why? The two dogs in question were running loose and at the scene when the dog owner investigated the barking. They were not in the house as has been reported here. They were loose. When the dog owner realized what had happened they started changing their account of what they witnessed. I know of what I speak. And thanks Mike for putting the facts out there.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Mike has nailed it. BCSO botched the investigation, first by not securing/guarding evidence when they first arrived and secondly when they told NCWRC to stand down. Also key here is the BCSO quarantined two dogs. Ask yourself why? The two dogs in question were running loose and at the scene when the dog owner investigated the barking. They were not in the house as has been reported here. They were loose. When the dog owner realized what had happened they started changing their account of what they witnessed. I know of what I speak. And thanks Mike for putting the facts out there.
And according to the article, the dog owners had an hour to clean the dogs up before the shreriff's office had a look at them.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Thats my entire problem with this fiasco. The dog DNA is there. What evidence lead them to NOT name the dogs as the killers? There has to be something else.

Reactions: DRS