Red woof attack

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Exactly and they ain't bagging clothes either whoever is leading the investigation is gathering that evidence .

That was kinda my point. I didn't mean to infer that the caregivers should be doing anything other than rescuing and caring for the lady. IF this was a wolf or coyote (and I seriously have my doubts), the only resolution would be for the investigator to collect any available DNA from the victim.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I would think the last thing paramedics were worried about was taking DNA, but to focus all attention on the seconds to stop bleeding that could save her life.
Likely true. Crew safety comes first then patient care. But preservation of evidence is also followed by the medics..or should be. Meaning while cutting clothes avoid holes due to bullets, knives, etc. And bagging the clothes and transporting them with the patient can happen. Unless taken by an leo. And the medic crew likely had assistance available, if needed, at the scene. Included that last sentence cause the crew could focus on patient care and someone else could take care of "extras".

odie408

Ten Pointer
I've heard animal control has picked up the pits this afternoon that were clean and dry with no sign of blood yesterday morning between 7 and 7:30. At that time if those dogs had done this they should have been muddy, bloody and wet.

cowboy66

Four Pointer
This occurred about three miles from my home. Mrs. Brenda is a close family friend, and in need of your prayers. There are a lot of unanswered questions. Personally I don't think it was a dog or dogs. I am leaning towards a wolf or wolves, or possibly a cat. There have been cats, panthers in this area for as far back as I can remember. The news report uses the term indigenous, which means native. Coyotes and wolves are not native to Eastern North Carolina, And since Panthers are extinct I would say they aren't either. A friend of mine took a bear dog and checked for tracks and got no hits. the guys with coyote dogs were not allowed to turn them out. As someone else said, I don't trust wildlife commission, and think if they can use a dog as a scapegoat they will. One last thing. One of the first people there is a good friend, he says he will never get the image out of his mind, and our minister said the same thing. This was a savage attack whatever it was.

odie408

Ten Pointer
I've seen pics of the bloody tracks at the scene and I'm sure they are not bear or big cat. They were for sure some kind of k-9 but can't really tell from the pics which kind of k-9. But someone there should have been able to tell.

cowboy66

Four Pointer
My friends that were there say the tracks were canine as best they could tell, but from what I have been told was the girl that found her turned her pit bull out of the house because it was making a fuss and it took off down the driveway. she saw a flashlight and followed in the car. saw what had happened and went back to get her husband. What's to say the tracks aren't the pit checking out the scene. I know all this is speculation on my part, and just like the rest of the neighborhood I'm just trying to put together what happened. I took a walk down in that swamp yesterday hoping to see something that would give us some answers,but nothing.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
My friends that were there say the tracks were canine as best they could tell, but from what I have been told was the girl that found her turned her pit bull out of the house because it was making a fuss and it took off down the driveway. she saw a flashlight and followed in the car. saw what had happened and went back to get her husband. What's to say the tracks aren't the pit checking out the scene. I know all this is speculation on my part, and just like the rest of the neighborhood I'm just trying to put together what happened. I took a walk down in that swamp yesterday hoping to see something that would give us some answers,but nothing.

I'd guess you have the answer in your post. There should be evidence though, if the pit bull did it.

cowboy66

Four Pointer
I'd guess you have the answer in your post. There should be evidence though, if the pit bull did it.
The attack had already happened when this dog came on scene. It was swabbed and cleared.
Mrs Hamilton passed this morning.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
All the local folks think it to be a coyote or wolf pack. The wounds were consistent with a pack attack not a single animal per the sources ive spoken with that have seen the body at the scene. Stated that even her flashlight had teeth marks.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
I’ve run into a pack of “feral” dogs on the farm once & I can tell you that it was a scary experience since I had no gun on me. I’m a fit, middle aged man & if those 3 mutts had attacked me, it could easily have been my last day.

My guess is a pack of semi wild dogs got her & I am so sorry for her family & community.

odie408

Ten Pointer
A friend that I had class with under Mrs Hamilton responsed to the call and said there was hair on her clothes about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long, brown with a light under coat. That is not pits. She walked this road ever day for years and knew the dogs on this road.

They
A friend that I had class with under Mrs Hamilton responsed to the call and said there was hair on her clothes about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long, brown with a light under coat. That is not pits. She walked this road ever day for years and knew the dogs on this road.
If they have hair samples they will turn it into the lab for DNA testing and be able to Identify the hair. I just hope for the family that they get answerers.

odie408

Ten Pointer
Around here when they show up Iike hogs, we take them out. If there was a pack od of wild dogs the locals would know.

Southside

Ten Pointer
Sorry to hear the lady passed and this happened to her. I would be more surprised than not if investigators don't have a good fix on what type animal at this point. since we are speculating though are there wild hogs in that area? And if so could that be the culprit? Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

odie408

Ten Pointer
Sorry to hear the lady passed and this happened to her. I would be more surprised than not if investigators don't have a good fix on what type animal at this point. since we are speculating though are there wild hogs in that area? And if so could that be the culprit? Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
No, it was canine. No wild hog near there. But there were canine track there in the road.