Red woof attack

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve never had one that I knew the history on or had it as a puppy. Closest thing I have to a “pit bull” is a stray that showed up a couple years ago. He is some type of bulldog mix and has some issues. I think he has some type of seizures or disorder. Once in a while he turns into the most vicious looking dog I have ever seen and resembles a cornered cat. After about 5 secs he shakes his head hard and comes up like any other dog to try to like your hands/arms off.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
73% of homicides in the US are by guns.

68% of those are by handguns. 28% of those other deaths are deaths are by “unknown gun types”. I would imagine that a decent portion of the 28% are by handguns.

Should we ban handguns? Guns?

Dogs kill about 30 people a year in the US.

Gun homicides account for about 11,000.

I don’t think very many people on this board are in favor of gun bans.

As with guns as well, where do you stop the dog breeds? Pit bulls? Rottweilers? Dobermans? Rhodesians?

Someone mentioned cheasapeaks earlier. I have seen more of those that showed aggression than those that didn’t. Bloodhounds seem to have a decent amount of aggressive ones in that breed.

73% of homicides in the US are by guns.

68% of those are by handguns. 28% of those other deaths are deaths are by “unknown gun types”. I would imagine that a decent portion of the 28% are by handguns.

Should we ban handguns? Guns?

Dogs kill about 30 people a year in the US.

Gun homicides account for about 11,000.

I don’t think very many people on this board are in favor of gun bans.

As with guns as well, where do you stop the dog breeds? Pit bulls? Rottweilers? Dobermans? Rhodesians?

Someone mentioned cheasapeaks earlier. I have seen more of those that showed aggression than those that didn’t. Bloodhounds seem to have a decent amount of aggressive ones in that breed.
I didn't see in the bill of rights where it spoke about dogs?

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
But you did see on the statistic pages where dead is dead? And you saw 11,000 gun homicides?

You brought up statistics....I merely pointed out that dogs are not much of an issue.

double

Twelve Pointer
Never totally trust any dog. At the end of the day they are all wild animals that eat meat. Some dogs never show aggression some bite everything that moves. Its generally the ones that never show aggression that kill kids. How many times have you heard he was the best dog never hurt a fly in the interview about the dead kid? Dogs are like people some good some bad of all types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
As a Fedex driver for 30 years (formerly) from my own and other drivers experience, the pit bull is not even in our top three dogs that bite our people. They are:
1. Chihuahua
2. Mongrel
3. Rat Terrier
4. Pit Bull
5. Chow
Yeah, but how many of those top 5 you've got listed there will actually KILL a person. I'm only aware of one of those that will intentionally kill a person, and it's not a Chow either.

Oops - educated folks have already posted the same thing.

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
I don't believe anyone said we should "ban" pitbulls, though I wish they didn't exist. What I, and others, have said is that we believe that the neighbor's pitbulls attacked that lady, resulting in her death.

And then we end up talking about gun statistics...... Jesus help us!

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve never had one that I knew the history on or had it as a puppy. Closest thing I have to a “pit bull” is a stray that showed up a couple years ago. He is some type of bulldog mix and has some issues. I think he has some type of seizures or disorder. Once in a while he turns into the most vicious looking dog I have ever seen and resembles a cornered cat. After about 5 secs he shakes his head hard and comes up like any other dog to try to like your hands/arms off.
That sounds like Springer Rage (common in some lines of Springer Spaniels) and it is a neurological deal as you've mentioned.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That sounds like Springer Rage (common in some lines of Springer Spaniels) and it is a neurological deal as you've mentioned.

Never knew what it was, but never have understood it. Now I know what to research. He is an ideal dog until one of those little moments. About 5 seconds later he snaps out of it and is back to wagging his whole body and trying his best to lick your face.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just doing their job ? Ho Lee Fuc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping the owner that made that statement gets to spend some time at that place where they never turn the lights off and he gets served funny looking bologna a couple of times a day.

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Was going post this. Can't imagine facing those dogs at once. Empty handed.

Me either. It's worth noting that dealing with aggressive dogs can be just as perilous (if not more so) than managing threats from people. I'm speaking from experience here.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Just doing their job ? Ho Lee Fuc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Brittany’s do their job.... they bark when someone pulls up or walks by the yard. One will stand his ground and look scary till you get into the yard then he just wants a belly rub.
I can’t imagine the thought process of someone teaching their dog to attack anyone that comes into their yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panthera

Eight Pointer
There are black cougars why not black panthers ?
Although there have been one or two darker than normal specimens of pumas in the Texas cougar population, no black pumas have ever been recorded. The only big cats that have all black specimens in the population are the jaguar, and the leopard. The word "panther" is a generic term used for the jaguar, leopard, and puma. In many regions of the Indian sub continent for example all leopards are called "panthers".

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Ch 12

Mike
"The mother of whatever killed Hamilton was a dog"

Yea, pretty sure whatever is also a dog.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
"There is no budget on this case".."the cost of the investigation by the lab in Florida will have to come before the board for approval"...so, which side of your face will you talk out of next?
This is foolish, they are simply being subversive now and asking another entity to verify what they already know but won't release.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it takes this long and this much testing to figure this out, how do we prosecute based on dna evidence?