Red woof attack

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Her DNA was on the pitbulls. The pitbull DNA was on her. The pitbull DNA was on the dead nutria at the scene. The pitbulls were there at the scene before the owner got there. The only way they explain it away is that they licked the victim.

In my opinion. The pitbulls killed the nutria and she walked up on them and they were protecting their kill. They may have been nice to her before but some dogs don't like a human hand in their food bowl.

I agree with this 1000%. But what has me stumped is why the BCSO didn't find this to be the case? There has to be something in the evidence (that the public hasn't seen) that kept them from implicating the Pitt Bulls.

Implicating the Pitt Bulls and putting them down would have closed the case months ago. It would shut up the locals and get the red woof off the hook.

But that hasn't happened. Now we have the county commissioners creating a 3 ring circus.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
All of these cougar sightings by everyone who has a camera in their pocket but no photos taken nor any trail cam pics.

Or tracks.... Everywhere I've hunted that had lions or grizzlies have had evidence of their existence. I've never seen a grizzly or a lion in the wild, but I've seen a bunch of tracks.

Of all the hounds men, farmers and sportsmen we have in NC, there would be tracks found. There would be lions tree'ed. There would be youtube videos of these animals posted. The reason there aren't any tracks, trail cam pics, videos, or roadkill is because they aren't here.

The chances of a lion killing that lady are even more rare than winning the power ball. I wouldn't say it was impossible.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Her DNA was on the pitbulls. The pitbull DNA was on her. The pitbull DNA was on the dead nutria at the scene. The pitbulls were there at the scene before the owner got there. The only way they explain it away is that they licked the victim.

In my opinion. The pitbulls killed the nutria and she walked up on them and they were protecting their kill. They may have been nice to her before but some dogs don't like a human hand in their food bowl.

I agree with this 1000%. But what has me stumped is why the BCSO didn't find this to be the case? There has to be something in the evidence (that the public hasn't seen) that kept them from implicating the Pitt Bulls.

Implicating the Pitt Bulls and putting them down would have closed the case months ago. It would shut up the locals and get the red woof off the hook.

But that hasn't happened. Now we have the county commissioners creating a 3 ring circus.
I know. It would have been the easiest thing in the world. Almost the smoking gun.

old school

Six Pointer
" Clap for the wolfman..." This has been my feeling all along. First reports were that this poor woman was found in that canal either " up to her armpits" or in some reports " up to her shoulders" . In either case, I promise you for her to be in that canal she was in fear of her life and found that to be her only means of escaping the attack that ultimately took her precious life. That canal is like many in that area of my county in that they basically stay full ,especially during the winter when this all started, and are dark, wide, and deep. Living there like she did and being familiar with that canal like she was, it was her last resort of retreat from her threat. You couldn't have paid her good money to have been that deep in that canal if she was here with us today. I am just so, so sorry she isn't...

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
To me, other than the obvious DNA reports, the most damning evidence that eliminates wild animals in this area is the measured canine tooth marks. 3.75 in. in width if I'm not mistaken with the report. There's not a cat, bear, "red wolf" or coyote with that canine bite measurement

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
To me, other than the obvious DNA reports, the most damning evidence that eliminates wild animals in this area is the measured canine tooth marks. 3.75 in. in width if I'm not mistaken with the report. There's not a cat, bear, "red wolf" or coyote with that canine bite measurement

Any speculation as to why they cleared the Pitt’s? Perhaps other dog dna that didn’t match either Pitts?

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
Seems like it would be easy enough to compare the bite marks with the Pitt’s bite width and mouth structure.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I would bet if that was really researched most likely it would prove inaccurate. And for the record have never owned one and don't plan to.
As a Fedex driver for 30 years (formerly) from my own and other drivers experience, the pit bull is not even in our top three dogs that bite our people. They are:
1. Chihuahua
2. Mongrel
3. Rat Terrier
4. Pit Bull
5. Chow

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Were Chesapeakes bred for fighting? I have known several over the years and the majority of them were more agressieve than a pit. You have to keep in mind that pitbull has become somewhat of a blanket term for several breeds/mutts that share similar features. I realize that people breed them for fighting but when you look at how the owners train/abuse them it stands to reason they attack without reason.
On my job, I saw a handful of Chessies, and most were dogs you had to be careful with. Not nearly as sweet natured as most labs.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
As a Fedex driver for 30 years (formerly) from my own and other drivers experience, the pit bull is not even in our top three dogs that bite our people. They are:
1. Chihuahua
2. Mongrel
3. Rat Terrier
4. Pit Bull
5. Chow

Yet only one of those breeds can crush a skull.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
1. Chihuahua
2. Mongrel
3. Rat Terrier
4. Pit Bull
5. Chow

What's your point? Of those, how many have a canine bite width over 3 inches?

Panthera

Eight Pointer
There are all kinds of Bulldogs. The American Bulldog is a BIG bulldog as is generally considered what the English Bulldog used to be until they put other breeds into the english thus ruining the English.

Now a Pit X Napolitan Mastiff is the baddest fighting dog around .. this cross is called a "Bandog" I know a few things about fighting/guard dogs and there is not a dog around than can whoop a Bandog. they are pretty awesome dogs.

also, most dont know but the true handlers in the fighting dog world will not have a dog that shows any aggression to a human. those are culled quick.. the backyard ones is where the problems come from.
Glad to see someone else has heard of these dogs. I saw a story last year where an Indian Mogul out hunting deer had three of them set out to drive deer. The dogs took up the track, and instead of a deer they chased a large Bengal tiger up a ravine. By the time the hunters got there the dogs were all dead, and the tiger had fled.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
5 pound ankle biters vs dogs with steel traps for jaws and teeth for holding , not slashing or nipping barely breaking the skin.
I'll take on the first three on the list, I'll avoid the last two at all costs. I had a chow that was an amazing security system. He could crush an armadillo and never miss a step. I'd hate to think my property was protected by an applehead.?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Glad to see someone else has heard of these dogs. I saw a story last year where an Indian Mogul out hunting deer had three of them set out to drive deer. The dogs took up the track, and instead of a deer they chased a large Bengal tiger up a ravine. By the time the hunters got there the dogs were all dead, and the tiger had fled.

The Tiger is one of the few animals on earth capable of taking on 3 Bandogs.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
1. Chihuahua
2. Mongrel
3. Rat Terrier
4. Pit Bull
5. Chow
Interesting info, thanks. Not really surprising on the first one or last one. I rescued a chow one time, after about 2 weeks it bit a friend, unprovoked. Only then did I do the research I should have done before. They have an interesting history in China, and as a result do not trust people in general, more like cats than dogs. Having said that, I'm sure someone out there has had favorable experiences with them as family pets, but I don't want to be around them again under any circumstances.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yet only one of those breeds can crush a skull.

Which one? Chows can bite hardest of the ones listed. A pit bull is pretty dead even with a Lab for bite strength.

I don’t think they even crack the top 20.

I think this would be easier understood if more folks referenced opinions with “large dogs of bullish type breeding?”

The average true pit bull is really not a large dog at all. Average size is 45-50 lbs.

It sure seems like a lot of people think that the super muscled up 100+lb creations are truly pit bulls. Most of those are bred with larger breeds to achieve large size.

Most of the fighting dogs are usually between 35-45 lbs.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Just outside our top 5 is the Australian cattle dog. AKA blue heeler. Can be iffy, very protective. Not very large, but one breed that will let you approach the house, then nail you.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
All dogs can and will bite. But how many on your list can kill? 4 and 5 perhaps? Your list is comical!
If one bites you, and breaks the skin, and is not up on its shots, then we see how comical that is.:mad:
Three can. #2, mongrel, # 4 , pit bull, # 5, chow..that's 3 of 5..

Which one? Chows can bite hardest of the ones listed. A pit bull is pretty dead even with a Lab for bite strength.

I don’t think they even crack the top 20.

I think this would be easier understood if more folks referenced opinions with “large dogs of bullish type breeding?”

The average true pit bull is really not a large dog at all. Average size is 45-50 lbs.

It sure seems like a lot of people think that the super muscled up 100+lb creations are truly pit bulls. Most of those are bred with larger breeds to achieve large size.

Most of the fighting dogs are usually between 35-45 lbs.
So how many people die from lab bites compared to pit bulls? Im waiting for your answer! What no answer? Im shocked. Not. Let me give you some data. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-s...MItLSc6r-45AIVEp6fCh3ykQW4EAAYASAAEgKiv_D_BwE 74% fatalities by pits. What part of that dont you get?

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So how many people die from lab bites compared to pit bulls? Im waiting for your answer! What no answer? Im shocked. Not. Let me give you some data. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-s...MItLSc6r-45AIVEp6fCh3ykQW4EAAYASAAEgKiv_D_BwE

The lab bites are less. But fatalities do occur.

I think the biggest problem is the people. I don’t think the breed is the issue.

Breeding practices have mutilated the original breed.

It’s kind of like gun control.

Lots of irresponsible people and irresponsible breeders have caused an issue with some of these breeds.

The lab bites are less. But fatalities do occur.

I think the biggest problem is the people. I don’t think the breed is the issue.

Breeding practices have mutilated the original breed.

It’s kind of like gun control.

Lots of irresponsible people and irresponsible breeders have caused an issue with some of these breeds.
What part of 74% is confusing for you?