Red woof attack

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
It would be unbelievable if hair samples collected at the scene were not DNA tested and compared to the pitts. It wouldn't completely convict the pitts if it was a match, but if the hair fibers didn't match the pitts or the roadkill, then you have another animal involved.

I can't begin to comprehend that this wasn't investigated already.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Field Supervisor Pete Benjamin said there hasn't been a wolf attack on a human in the 48 states in the last 100 years.

Guess Minnesota is not part of the 48 States...

only in the upper Midwest do you find names like Lake Winnibigoshish

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Field Supervisor Pete Benjamin said there hasn't been a wolf attack on a human in the 48 states in the last 100 years.

I guess not...

I found this last paragraph to be relevant to this tragedy...

"Wild wolves generally steer clear of humans, and it’s generally when humans try to go near wolves that trouble erupts. Wolves that have become habituated to humans, like a released captive wolf or a wolf-dog hybrid, are more likely to go near humans, according to the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks. The agency says that wild wolves “generally have some place to be and something to do.” Apparently a wolf’s social calendar fills up quickly."

6mm250

Eight Pointer

Or Wisconsin , Arizona , Washington , Idaho....

Mike

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It would be unbelievable if hair samples collected at the scene were not DNA tested and compared to the pitts. It wouldn't completely convict the pitts if it was a match, but if the hair fibers didn't match the pitts or the roadkill, then you have another animal involved.

I can't begin to comprehend that this wasn't investigated already.
My thoughts exactly!

Jett

Ten Pointer
Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Hickman's statement back in May said she couldn't rule out an attack by coyote, red woof or hybrid.

Looks like someone put the squeeze on her.

Her recent comments seem to say the woof or hybrid isn't likely...

The US Fish and Wildlife guy claims they don't have accurate records of animals travels because they only track 1 or 2 times a week. If they don't plot those locations on chart and store them for research, they should be fired right now. That is :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk and he is lying his ass off. Every radio collared animal is studied via telemetry locators and valuable travel data is logged. I guarantee you they have volumes of data related to each collared animal from the day the collar was activated. The US Fish and Wildlife guy is either a quack, a liar, or most likely both.

Last edited:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
If the father was a red wolf and the mother was a domestic dog that could be the killer... Guarantee it was those cute pups.
Serious question: Beaufort County has a "Dangerous Dog Committee" or whatever. These dogs passed their evaluation.

Does anyone know how they evaluate potentially dangerous dogs?

Sunny

Button Buck
[QUOTE="Jett, post: 734609, member:

Thank you for posting the links to the local articles. If the stool of the pits was examined and evidenced to have human DNA regarding hair fiber and bone fragments, the article states the pits were cleared and sent back to the owners? This is concerning. Again hoping to see closure for this family. Those of us in other areas of the state have similar issues regarding coyotes and pits.

Domestic dogs turned wild killed that women plain and simple. Everyone else is in denial. This story honestly is one of the saddest. Cover up for sure. Or they are just INEPT!

Last edited:

Sunny

Button Buck
Domestic dogs turned wild killed that women plain and simple. Everyone else is in denial. This story honestly is one of the saddest. Cover up for sure. Or they are just INEPT!

Thank God my community officials took the complaints seriously in reference to the pits off leash in our neighborhood. It took two years to get all the agencies on board but so worth it.
This woman is in the arms of Jesus now. I sure hope some good comes out of this and your officials can give closure. God bless her family.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I still can't believe there is evidence collected that hasn't been tested..... I find it interesting that they basically said, "We don't know what killed her, but it wasn't the dogs at the scene, and we are done investigating." But collected evidence remains untested? Just doesn't make any sense.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I still can't believe there is evidence collected that hasn't been tested..... I find it interesting that they basically said, "We don't know what killed her, but it wasn't the dogs at the scene, and we are done investigating." But collected evidence remains untested? Just doesn't make any sense.
Could have been the dog's at the scene but they are nice dogs and nice dogs wouldn't do that...

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I think you watch too much CSI. I don't mean that in an insulting way. But state crime labs take a long time in the first place. They take especially long when there's a really unique situation. In any case, the phrase "Collected Evidence Remains Untested" can mean a lot of things. I work at a lab that does some DNA work and while some things are easy to confirm (like Paternity) other things are not.

Could have been the dog's at the scene but they are nice dogs and nice dogs wouldn't do that...
There was DNA on her body. DNA matched dogs at the scene. But that's explained, easily. What no one has explained is how the dangerous dog committee evaluates dangerous dogs.

Unless the family that owns the dogs is the Governors cousin or something, I can't see a lot of sympathy for two pit bulls. Mrs Hamilton's family doesn't seem to think that its the dogs in any way that I've seen reported, and I don't think they'd be silent on the issue if they felt the dogs were responsible.

Has anyone looked at the possibility of an alligator?

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I think you watch too much CSI. I don't mean that in an insulting way. But state crime labs take a long time in the first place. They take especially long when there's a really unique situation. In any case, the phrase "Collected Evidence Remains Untested" can mean a lot of things. I work at a lab that does some DNA work and while some things are easy to confirm (like Paternity) other things are not.

There was DNA on her body. DNA matched dogs at the scene. But that's explained, easily. What no one has explained is how the dangerous dog committee evaluates dangerous dogs.

Unless the family that owns the dogs is the Governors cousin or something, I can't see a lot of sympathy for two pit bulls. Mrs Hamilton's family doesn't seem to think that its the dogs in any way that I've seen reported, and I don't think they'd be silent on the issue if they felt the dogs were responsible.

Has anyone looked at the possibility of an alligator?

I don’t watch any CSI. I’m basing my comments on what the commissioner said. Evidence remains untested.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
On Google news tonight seemed to be alot more speculation about a possible hybrid dog, wolf or yote or possible black panther.. Calling in experts. Hope family and community can get closure

The commissioners are going to continue to "investigate" until one brave soul "discovers" wild canine DNA. Otherwise, the massive screw up by the BCSO that could lead to lawsuits for negligence may bite them in the buttocks. JMHO.
If I lived in the county the results of their investigation wouldn't fly with me. I would be voting for a new sheriff! The family and county residents deserve better.