Red woof attack

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I've felt a pittbull was involved since day 1 and still feel that way.

Like turkeyfoot, the only time I've been scared in the woods was when I came up on a pack of dogs while carrying nothing but a bow.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Interesting the report ruled out bears and coyotes what about red wolf? After all it is different then a yote ;)

odie408

Ten Pointer
Seems its not quite over just yet, Beaufort co commissioner's want answers according to Washington daily news.
If I lived as far away as most on here and had only read what has been reported and nothing else I would be thinking dogs too. There is more to this story.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DNA scientist that tested the DNA is on record saying (I'm paraphrasing) based on the evidence and or lack of evidence, she can only confirm that domestic dogs were at the scene. Also stating that she couldn't rule out a coyote, red woof or hybrid attack due to lack of evidence.

Those last two paragraphs really sum up this investigation. All they "think" is that the neighborhood dogs didn't do it.

odie408

Ten Pointer
And if there was wild dogs in this tight knit farm community the locals would know it. The family and locals know better. And I think the wildlife does too.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
And if there was wild dogs in this tight knit farm community the locals would know it. The family and locals know better. And I think the wildlife does too.

The article mentions the involvement of the USFWS in the DNA process. I'm not implying that the USFWS intentionally rigged the DNA process, but they don't exactly have a pattern of being truthful with John Q Public when it pertains to the red woof. In fact, we all know they have intentionally and willfully violated their own promises and rules locally involving the red woof.

odie408

Ten Pointer
They called and had my buddies come with their coyote dogs that morning but when they got there with the dogs they would not allow them to turn any dogs out. What would it have hurt if they weren't tracking any collared animals in the area? There is a lot that just don't add up here.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like every one is still trying to blame the wolves. Domestic dog DNA was there..... Wolf was not but they say they can't rule it out. Well they can't say for sure either. Sometimes we will never have all the answers but you can't just blame a wolf because you think it did it.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sounds like every one is still trying to blame the wolves. Domestic dog DNA was there..... Wolf was not but they say they can't rule it out. Well they can't say for sure either. Sometimes we will never have all the answers but you can't just blame a wolf because you think it did it.
The domestic dog DNA is an easy explanation. It said she knew and often walked with those dogs. If they came up to her and she was dead or injured they might try and lick her.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

The Beaufort County Sheriff Office hasn’t “blamed” anything either. Only said they didn’t think the dogs killed her.

So speculating the woofs did it is a plausible theory.

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
Wonder if they tested for DNA on the nutria as per their theory?
Yes - according to the report, if I read it correctly, they found domestic dog DNA on the nutria too.

If the neighbor's two dogs were pitbulls...they're the ones that killed her. 99.9% of the pitbulls that end up attacking and severely injuring or killing people were "always the sweetest little babies - wouldn't hurt a thing". Just like that lady's pit in Edgecombe County several months ago that grabbed her toddler around the throat and wouldn't let go until the poor kid was dead.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The Beaufort County Sheriff Office hasn’t “blamed” anything either. Only said they didn’t think the dogs killed her.

So speculating the woofs did it is a plausible theory.
Speculate is all it is. The re is zero evidence a wolf did it. This will be where haters of the wolf believe a wolf killed her and people with a little sense will speculate a dog killed her. If they don't know now they will never know but odds say it was a dog.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Speculate is all it is. The re is zero evidence a wolf did it. This will be where haters of the wolf believe a wolf killed her and people with a little sense will speculate a dog killed her. If they don't know now they will never know but odds say it was a dog.

I guess the BCSO and the DNA scientist doesn’t have “a little sense” then.

Maybe they need to hire Matlock 142?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The DNA scientist that tested the DNA is on record saying (I'm paraphrasing) based on the evidence and or lack of evidence, she can only confirm that domestic dogs were at the scene. Also stating that she couldn't rule out a coyote, red woof or hybrid attack due to lack of evidence.

Confirmed dna of Dogs at the scene. Lack of evidence on Wolves. Hmmmmm guess we cant rule out Black panthers as well cause there is a lack of evidence on a Black Panther ;)

IF they have not found any evidence now that Implicates a wolf they are not going to find it now. If they did find it now I would find it highly suspicious . a little sense and anyone can see that a Wolf is not the most likely suspect.

odie408

Ten Pointer
I don't know that a big cat is beyond the wrelm of possibilities.image000000.png
Not black but this is from a trail cam in that area. That is a hog carcass in front of the kitty.

odie408

Ten Pointer
That's a hog carcass not a piglet carcass. And the kitty has a 3in. track but ok. Wish this house cat wasn't near here.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Confirmed dna of Dogs at the scene. Lack of evidence on Wolves. Hmmmmm guess we cant rule out Black panthers as well cause there is a lack of evidence on a Black Panther ;)

IF they have not found any evidence now that Implicates a wolf they are not going to find it now. If they did find it now I would find it highly suspicious . a little sense and anyone can see that a Wolf is not the most likely suspect.

I think you can rule out the black panther since there is no credible evidence of their existence in eastern NC. The fur bearing variety more specifically.

Maybe the woof evidence is there, and the USFWS "took care of it"? We are talking about a multi million dollar investment. It certainly isn't out of the ordinary for autonomous organizations to white wash things in their favor.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I know a few people from the area and none believe it was any local domestic dogs. Those pits were checked and were cleared.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
I think you can rule out the black panther since there is no credible evidence of their existence in eastern NC. The fur bearing variety more specifically.

Maybe the woof evidence is there, and the USFWS "took care of it"? We are talking about a multi million dollar investment. It certainly isn't out of the ordinary for autonomous organizations to white wash things in their favor.

There is no such thing as a black panther. Anywhere.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
and exactly what do they think killed her?
Something the USFWS wants to protect. The locals don't think it was a neighbor's pet, don't you think they would have a good idea, if there was a dog in the area they thought would do this. ....and yes some do think it could have been a large cat.

Last edited:

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
If the locals don't think it could be a dog (pit) but believe it could be a large cat then the locals are loony.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
If it truly was a wild animal, then why hasn't it attacked again? It certainly wouldn't be afraid of humans at this point.

I think someone's pitbull(s) got out of their fence and the reason it hasn't happened again is because they're back in their fence. Just my speculation of course.