Red woof attack

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
BCSO is awaiting instruction from the NCWRC on how to spin this story.

Mike

Nope. NCWRC did all the evidence collection and then the BCSO took over the investigation. The NCWRC is restricted to no comment due to BCSO still has an "active investigation".

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
And Vanlandingham ( BCSO ) had said dna results on 16 dogs should be in by the end of the week three weeks ago. Why then would they need samples from NC Wildlife? Can they investigate their department?

At this point they either dont know or are covering something up. Either one is unacceptable IMO. Especially with DNA testing. If they dont come out with a statement they lose all credibility they had left. If I was Kin or lived in the area I would call and give them a piece of my mind.

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Probably need to get people talking about voting a new Sheriff in ......May get things moving.... the locals deserve better!

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The BCSO has had the results for a month. I wonder why they don't have the decency to at least give resolution to the woman's family and to the community.

If it was local dogs, I don't see any reason for a delay. Plenty of laws in place to take dogs into custody. If it was a wild animal of the non federal designation, it wouldn't be a big deal to release that information. Black Bear attacks aren't the norm, but they do happen occasionally.

I can only think of two reasons to delay the release of information. (1) It is standard operating procedure to keep evidence from a murder scene out of public view for the judicial system. (2) The DNA evidence points to the fake red woof, and the feds are pulling some strings and applying pressure at the local level to keep it concealed until they can get it spun like they want it.

Just my opinion and based on no real facts. :)

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Any chance someone killed her and then the animals showed up? That would also explain the delay.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Any chance someone killed her and then the animals showed up? That would also explain the delay.

That would definitely be a good reason. Kinda what I alluded to above, but have no idea if that is the case here. Normally the media would have some sort of indication of that type of investigation. I even wondered if she may have been hit by a car, and then the animals came along. Anyone's guess at this point. I just feel sorry for the lady and the family.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Any readers here with a legal background who can advise "whether, when or how" the Sherriff is required to release any information? Or is it perfectly legal for Sherriff to not release any info as long as the case is "under investigation"? I fear the latter is true...

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'd be curious to see what's in the initial Incident Report, which is public record. If written properly, it shouldn't contain any sensitive investigative details but it may answer some questions.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
Seven weeks tomorrow and nothing from BCSO. Might still be the csi effect but .......
They know what critter it was....
If it was a neighbor's pitbull they would have told it by now....
If it was a coyote they would have told it by now....

Mike

odie408

Ten Pointer
BCSO still dragging their feet or covering up the truth. Sooner or later this cat is going to get out of the bag.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
It's been 2 months and not a word. BCSO will not respond to queries.
I can't believe this is anything but a coverup to protect the red wolf.

Mike

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It's been 2 months and not a word. BCSO will not respond to queries.
I can't believe this is anything but a coverup to protect the red wolf.

Mike
I agree the public deserves information and BCSO is remiss in not providing it, but don't understand why many on here think they would favor the wolf program over the safety of local citizens and voters? Is there some history there?

6mm250

Eight Pointer
I agree the public deserves information and BCSO is remiss in not providing it, but don't understand why many on here think they would favor the wolf program over the safety of local citizens and voters? Is there some history there?

I have no idea if there is any history between the wolf program and the BCSO.

For 2 months there has been absolute silence on the part of the BCSO regarding this matter , not even a crumb of information released to the public.

WHY ?

Mike