"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

BuffaloRiver

Button Buck
I’m new to NC. Actually still looking for a house. What are the actual range of the red wolf. How far west have people seen them.

Jett

Ten Pointer
I’m new to NC. Actually still looking for a house. What are the actual range of the red wolf. How far west have people seen them.

They release selectively these bred coywolves (fake red wolves) in the Smoky National Park in the western part of NC and now all over 5 northeastern counties. They have been found in many places in between.

BuffaloRiver

Button Buck
Me and my wife spotted two Of the largest coyotes we had ever seen yesterday in Denton. They had reddish hair and acted different than a normal coyotes. Our first thought were red wolf.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Me and my wife spotted two Of the largest coyotes we had ever seen yesterday in Denton. They had reddish hair and acted different than a normal coyotes. Our first thought were red wolf.

Welcome to the state and forum. You glorify and acknowledge the hybrids by calling them a "red wolf". There's no such animal still in existence. The canines that you're seeing are the result of a man made animal (PDZ in Tacoma, Wash)and the insertion of animals that the tree huggers want us to believe is a true wolf. DNA has repeatedly proven that to be incorrect.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t your own research, apparently you can’t believe anything here because we all have an “agenda” 🤣🤣🤣

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They usually don't have very long lives since they were not bred for durability in the wild, only for appearance. They are very susceptible to heartworms and other problems that don't typically plague actual wild animals.
They are one of the best selling attractions at the local zoos so I don't expect them to disappear anytime soon from captivity but the ones that can actually breed and are not sterile lose any chance of passing on many traits since most of their dna is coyote and that will be the dominant factor in determining the appearance of their offspring.
Sadly their offspring usually get euthanized in zoos, since most don't pass the appearance test that is required to be called a "Red Woof"

Jett

Ten Pointer
Critically Endangered Red Wolf Illegally Killed in August; Only 7 Known to Remain in Wild
mail

A critically endangered red wolf was found dead from a gunshot wound on private lands in North Carolina in August, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. She was three years old. There are now only seven red wolves known to remain in the wild.

But, did they check it for corona? Likely another Covid-19 death....

odie408

Ten Pointer
What have they released in the last thirty years, 134 now? And the population is just seven. When will they learn it is not meant to be. Not gonna happen.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Critically Endangered Red Wolf Illegally Killed in August; Only 7 Known to Remain in Wild
mail

A critically endangered red wolf was found dead from a gunshot wound on private lands in North Carolina in August, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. She was three years old. There are now only seven red wolves known to remain in the wild.

But, did they check it for corona? Likely another Covid-19 death....
Interesting this article did not say what county the dead wolf was found in. Does anybody know?

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
Did anyone make it to the NC wildlife’s meeting about the red wolf on the 12th. I think it was held in Union county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corapeake

Eight Pointer
Did anyone make it to the NC wildlife’s meeting about the red wolf on the 12th. I think it was held in Union county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the above Zoom meeting is what you are referring to.

7 or 25 ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I swear, I didn't know the stinking things were right here at my house.

SpellNC9

Six Pointer
WOW!! Just read this thread for the first time.......its disturbing what the government can get away with. Is there any update on the original farmer Jett??

Jett

Ten Pointer
Yep. I'm here and doing fine. I don't qualify as a farmer, but wish I did!

When the Feds were made to comply with their very own laws, fake woof population went from over 100 to now 3. Life is good.

Last edited:

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Let's hope they dont escape, I'm about 20 minutes away from the park. Already seeing 40 lb coyotes dont need no hybrids

Jett

Ten Pointer
Remember, this was a "Non-Essential Population" of USFWS selectively bred coywolves. The goal was to see if a self sustaining population could be created on Federal lands in NC. The program failed, just as it did in the Smokey Mountains. End of story.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
WOW!! Just read this thread for the first time.......its disturbing what the government can get away with. Is there any update on the original farmer Jett??
You joined this forum yesterday 4 pm and read this thread! You need to get a life! ;). :D ;).

I got to see Jett in action years ago at a discussion in Raleigh. His comments were factual and substantial. But when you are dealing with folks who believe in unicorns, it's hard to impress them with facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.