"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Ok. Whatever you say. I never said that's how they all died. Other predators killed many, diseases and what not. But they are all gone now, so it's a moot point. I said it won't work anyway. Look how much crop damage deer and bear are responsible for, but I don't hear anyone wanting to wipe them out. And, no, I am not against hunting, in fact, I feel it's important. I say it again, not in any way for this project. So there it is..No argument.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
One reason they were "persecuted" (to use your words) is the tremendous damage they did to agriculture in the 19th century. They are documented to have completely destroyed huge grain fields in a single day. They must of been one of the dumbest animals God ever created, because farmers could stand under trees with long poles and knock them to the ground, where they were plowed under for fertilizer. There is a famous lithograph of mid-western farmers doing just that. It is popular (and easy) to blame everything on hunters, but that is not how they all died.
Ok. Granted, they did considerable crop damage in places. But that was not the main reason they were hunted, it was for sport, profit, and for food. Trees set alight, netted, killed with sulphur, shot, poisoned. Followed by trains from nesting site to site. Fed as fodder to hogs. I used the word persecuted, and stand by that word. Hardly the act of "sportsmen".

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
"sportsmen".

funny word,,,means so many things,,,,but it don't mean me,,,

I am a hunter, fisher, and trapper,,,a conservationist, ecologist, and Earth Child,,,,,I am a birder, a student of nature, and Friend of the NIght,,,,

I am NOT a "sportsman",,,,those are fellows who play with balls and slap other men's arses,,,,

I know, I know - off subject,,,but I don't like that name for Hunters,,,

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
funny word,,,means so many things,,,,but it don't mean me,,,

I am a hunter, fisher, and trapper,,,a conservationist, ecologist, and Earth Child,,,,,I am a birder, a student of nature, and Friend of the NIght,,,,

I am NOT a "sportsman",,,,those are fellows who play with balls and slap other men's arses,,,,

I know, I know - off subject,,,but I don't like that name for Hunters,,,

REVEREND!!!!

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Read the text. The telegraph lines kept the hunters updated, and trains were waiting..
Just amazing stuff. It's there, just read about it. I am not making it up..lol

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Great idea. Engineer and reintroduce a colony nesting, colony feeding, apparently dumber than a rock species into an environment drastically different from what the original animal evolved in. Go for it....as long as the private funding R&R touts holds up.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sure about that are we?
There is no doubt that the USFWS and groups that benefit financially have "engineered" a fraud in regard to the red wolf. That should not be discounted without first doing research other than reading their press releases. Earlier pages of this thread would be a good place to start.

Take 'em

Six Pointer
I am always amazed when do-gooders of today try to judge and impose the moral standards of today's diversity culture upon people who were trying to just survive and stay alive in our past history. I don't impose my standards on what they did, but I've thought a lot about what they would think of what we call morality today.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Great to see conviction in a person. I am not so sure, but do not believe they need to bring that bird back,, because it just would not be a feasible addition to the modern world.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Great to see conviction in a person. I am not so sure, but do not believe they need to bring that bird back,, because it just would not be a feasible addition to the modern world.

I wasn't referencing a bird, although I think it's just another farce to bilk the unknowing, gullible, bleeding heart public perpetrated by NGOs and government agencies. And conviction is tied to scientific knowledge, so I am sure.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
From what they are saying, the red wolf is a viable species unto itself. This after genetic research by the Applied Academy of Sciences. Did I read their report right? I know there was coyote bloodlines in there somewhere. If indeed they are a viable species, is the USFWS duty bound to protect them? If not, why?

Last edited:

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There are 180+ pages you are free to revisit to answer your concerns and to enlighten you on the thoughts of people involved. There really is no need to attempt a restart of the conversation. That would be a net zero gain for you, unless your intention is to create a rift.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
There are 180+ pages you are free to revisit to answer your concerns and to enlighten you on the thoughts of people involved. There really is no need to attempt a restart of the conversation. That would be a net zero gain for you, unless your intention is to create a rift.
Ok. Very touchy subject, so I will leave it alone. Just was curious.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
... the red wolf is a viable species unto itself....
What do you mean by "viable species"? They have been given every possible protection, with extreme intervention by USFWS for many years, no expense has been spared, and even then they can't survive on their own in the wild. You still have not read this thread, have you?

Jett

Ten Pointer
More lies and false propaganda by the woof pimps. Perhaps they should advocate for wolves in their back yard in Chapel Hill. Lots of cats, dogs, etc to feed the fake woofs. No one should mind, should they? After all, this is the rarest of all wolves because it is a make believe woof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.