"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett

Ten Pointer
USFWS has reneged on every commitment they ever made to landowners in our area regarding this fake woof scam. Liars, plain and simple. With their integrity completely forfeited, things will prove very difficult for them to succeed in future endeavors. You reap what you sow.

Conman had a better idea than I did on how to deal with these liars...
He is a wise man.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
“By contrast, during the first five years of its red wolf reintroduction program in eastern North Carolina, the USFWS released an average of eight wolves per year, totaling 134 red wolves over the program’s 35-year history. Proven conservation measures, such as captive red wolf releases and coyote sterilizations, helped the wild red wolf population grow to nearly 130 animals in the late 2000s, and it was estimated at 100 or more wolves from 2002 to 2014.”

My math skills must be a little rusty... 🤔 🧐

Jett

Ten Pointer
“By contrast, during the first five years of its red wolf reintroduction program in eastern North Carolina, the USFWS released an average of eight wolves per year, totaling 134 red wolves over the program’s 35-year history. Proven conservation measures, such as captive red wolf releases and coyote sterilizations, helped the wild red wolf population grow to nearly 130 animals in the late 2000s, and it was estimated at 100 or more wolves from 2002 to 2014.”

My math skills must be a little rusty... 🤔 🧐

See, I told you they were liars....

Last edited:

Shamrock7326

Four Pointer
i was wondering if Rinella would ever address the NC red wolf situation.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup pretty pro red wolf . They had no issue with the DNA because most species in their view had other things mixed in..... they used the Bison and it has some cattle mixed in.... using that argument then why worry about the red wolf and the coyote mixing? Just let nature take its course and evolve them off the landscape.

odie408

Ten Pointer
(Just let nature take its course and evolve them off the landscape.)

This is what I see happening when they are not allowed to go on private land to take care of their woof and place placeholder coyotes where they will not be allowed to stay. Sooner rather than later they will figure its not going to work here.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Just listened. What struck me was "Wouldnt you rather have 6 to 10 wolves on your property eating deer rather than 60 to 100 coyotes?" I'd rather not have either one! At least with the coyote you can attempt to manage the population. The wolf comes with the Feds and their judges denying you rights to your own property. No thank you.

Does he allow for comments?

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You email the show. They sort through them and will comment and discuss them on a future episode. They’re really good about presenting opposing views that come from first hand experience and accounts.

Take 'em

Six Pointer
I keep expecting to get a stimulus red wolf in the mail. I don't see much difference in the FED printing trillions out of thin air and USFWS creating red wolves out of thin air as well. It will be like the old FDR days with a red wolf in every yard.

Jett

Ten Pointer
I keep expecting to get a stimulus red wolf in the mail. I don't see much difference in the FED printing trillions out of thin air and USFWS creating red wolves out of thin air as well. It will be like the old FDR days with a red wolf in every yard.

Excellent That is sooooo true!

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Thought that since these woofs were experimental/ non essential, the ESA didnt apply..or was that just on private land?

Take 'em

Six Pointer
For a group of people who are constantly proclaiming, "Follow the science," they sure have a way of ignoring "science". Releasing "red wolf hybrids" after removing them from Texas to get away from the coyotes there may have seemed logical at first. The supposed major advantage of NC was "no coyotes" . That was no longer plausible when the coyotes invaded eastern NC.

Then there was the scientific idiocy of sterilizing coyotes to prevent producing litters with the fake wolves. Plus, picking an area that is heavily infested with mosquitoes (heart worms), and does not have enough prey base to be capable of supporting the hybrid red wolves on the refuges.

Finally as we all now know and DNA has proven, the 14 founders were selected by anatomical features and not DNA, and they immediately began producing more hybrids which were euthanized. "Science" says, 75% coyote, 24% gray wolf and a little bit of dog DNA thrown in, but they keep right on proclaiming them as wild red wolves. Which in all honesty are man-made look-a-likes produced at Point Defiance zoo in Washington.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just a heads up, guys. There's been at least 4 red wolf hybrids released in the Pocosin Lakes NWR in the past few weeks. Got one on camera on one of my farms and a couple have been seen on private property south of Plymouth. We saw one close you, Jett and two close to you, newlake. Each have the bright orange or red collars. New summer fun:stir:.

Jett

Ten Pointer
Maybe the team of DOW/Judge Boyle/SELC/USFWS will make it illegal to drive cars in the 5 county area now:

For the record, this was not a "critically endangered red wolf". This fake wolf was bred and raised in a zoo. The animal can be easily replicated over and over and over. There is nothing endangered about him. Furthermore, this coywolf became a part of a NON ESSENTIAL EXPERIMENTAL population of fake red woofs when USFWS released him into the 5 county area with complete disregard for the USFWS 10j rule currently in place.

Last edited:

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Can they continue to twist their narrative.???
Sure, this will be milked as long as possible, and the money flows...

Reactions: Lee

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Maybe the team of DOW/Judge Boyle/SELC/USFWS will make it illegal to drive cars in the 5 county are now:

For the record, this was not a "critically endangered red wolf". This fake wolf was bred and raised in a zoo. The animal can be easily replicated over and over and over. There is nothing endangered about him. Furthermore, this coywolf became a part of a NON ESSENTIAL EXPERIMENTAL population of fake red woofs when USFWS released him into the 5 county area with complete disregard for the USFWS 10j rule currently in place.
This was a common issue when they tried the Smokey Mountain releases. Once the local rednecks install "coyote crosshairs" as a hood ornament, old habits are hard to break. Best I can remember, several of these woofs also developed a taste for antifreeze.

old school

Six Pointer
Not sure if this has already been posted on here somewhere, but the Washington Daily News reported last week that the report was back on the Hamilton case off Hwy 99 Pantego. The DNA samples sent back from the University of Florida revealed that "ONLY domestic dogs" were involved in the attack that took Mrs. Hamilton's life. They further indicated the dogs were over 50 lb. in weight. This report was also shown on WITN and WNCT television news last week. WDN also reported that Hamilton's husband lost his battle with COVID last December. I apologize if this has already been hashed out on here somewhere and please understand this is all I know on this matter, other than some of the County leaders were expecting a different verdict. Please consult the WDN for the full report on this families loss.

Take 'em

Six Pointer
I never expected the verdict on Mrs. Hamilton's death to come out any other way. They were not about to admit that she was attacked, killed, and partially eaten by a red wolf.

Last edited:

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I never expected the verdict on Mrs. Hamilton's death to come out any other way. They were not about to admit that she was attacked, killed, and partially eaten by a red wolf.

I kinda doubt it was any wild animal. That neighborhood has several free roaming pit type dogs. Most of the recorded canine tooth bite marks were in the 3 to 3.5 bite width. Not many carnivores with that bite width in eastern NC.

odie408

Ten Pointer
Never expected anything different either. Don't buy it. Injuries her husband told me about didn't fit that outcome.

Take 'em

Six Pointer
Conman, you certainly could be correct. I was told by people who worked with her everyday that she made that same walk every morning early and that the dogs which they originally tried to pin it on walked with her a lot of the time. I suppose we'll never know for sure unless someone else gets attacked and doesn't die from it. Sort of unusual for a dog to try and eat someone though.

Aythya

Eight Pointer
I have Rinella's personal email. I gave him a thumbnail sketch of what the deal was and told him to check out this site . I'll let y'all know what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.