"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett

Ten Pointer
They just need enough to pimp them. It's all about the $$$. It is a very lucrative business plan for nonprofits and their attorneys.

Last edited:

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
They just need enough to pimp them. It's all about the $$$. It is a very lucrative business plan for nonprofits and their attorneys.
Why wasn't this the case with the smoky mountain woofs?. Numbers dwindled, they recaptured the survivors, and said, "It just didn't work out folks." That was it. No NGOs, woof pimps, nothing. And not nearly as much taxpayer $ evaporated.

Jett

Ten Pointer
"Founded in 1997, the Red Wolf Coalition (RWC) serves as the hub of private support for long-term red wolf restoration."

This was about the same time the Feds dropped the wolf program in the Smokies and focused on eastern NC because we had no coyotes here at that time. I also have no information about the other woof pimps activities at that time.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
"Founded in 1997, the Red Wolf Coalition (RWC) serves as the hub of private support for long-term red wolf restoration."

This was about the same time the Feds dropped the wolf program in the Smokies and focused on eastern NC because we had no coyotes here at that time. I also have no information about the other woof pimps activities at that time.
Yeah, you're probably right. This was pre 1997. RWC didn't exist, to protest the end of the GSMNP woof project.

OpticalFox70840

Four Pointer
I haven't heard anything about this till literally just now... I'm confused and really don't have the time to go through nearly 200 pages of a thread. What exactly is going on here?

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
That’s disappointing news. And even more scientifically flawed today than in 1987. Coyotes occupy the entire habitat today. Coyotes readily breed with these fake woofs because these fake woofs are more coyote than woof. The DNA is being ignored because it doesn’t fit the narrative of the Feds. Seems to be a common practice these days.
They will waste millions of dollars again, but landowners aren’t going to cooperate this time.

Jett

Ten Pointer
USFWS never intends to win any of these lawsuits. It is their way of having a judge rewrite Federal rules without the process. Plus, when USFWS loses, their friends at SELC win huge legal fee reimbursements paid for by us, the taxpayers. It is a way of life and a winning business plan for the USFWS/SELC/DOW/RWC bed partners.

The truth/facts have never been accurately presented in the court room.

Last edited:

Jett

Ten Pointer
I wonder if Boyle is senile or on the take?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I will not comment on this re the judge as I may end up bringing my own lawsuit before him. When I watch his trials, it is like he knows the truth and is begging USFWS to bring it forward, which of course they do not. USFWS and their "conservation partners" have told the same lies for so many years, I think they actually believe them now. This is typical of what we are seeing in politics and the main stream media now on a daily basis. Integrity has been lost in today's world. I hate it for our children.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
In a effort to eliminate any possibility of a fake red wolf mating with a coyote and creating another fake red wolf I can happily report that I know personally there are 320 less available coyotes. Just doing my part to help USFWS.
You're only helping if you're doing this OUTSIDE the 5 county area. Coyote hunting inside the 5 county area is detrimental to the woofs, or so says judge Boyle. Not sure I understand this, but he's a judge, right? For the life of me, I can't understand how COYOTE hunting is a problem for an introduced critter, who's biggest threat is interbreeding with COYOTES. Maybe that's why I'm not on the bench

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You're only helping if you're doing this OUTSIDE the 5 county area. Coyote hunting inside the 5 county area is detrimental to the woofs, or so says judge Boyle. Not sure I understand this, but he's a judge, right? For the life of me, I can't understand how COYOTE hunting is a problem for an introduced critter, who's biggest threat is interbreeding with COYOTES. Maybe that's why I'm not on the bench

Coyote hunting is great if there were real wolves involved. It’s a bitch for the pseudo wolves on private property 😂.

odie408

Ten Pointer
Does Boyle hear both sides of the story or just the one? Has any stake holders ever been to or had a voice heard in any of these cases?

Jett

Ten Pointer
My name is all over the court records and evidence, yet I have never been asked to appear before the Judge. Neither SELC nor USFWS want Judge Boyle to hear the truth from me. I have attended several of the hearings.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
My name is all over the court records and evidence, yet I have never been asked to appear before the Judge. Neither SELC nor USFWS want Judge Boyle to hear the truth from me. I have attended several of the hearings.
I'm surprised they still invite you to the hearings ;)

slugoo

Eight Pointer
I don't get what the agency thinks they are getting done here. A wild population cannot be sustained, so they think it's a good idea to just keep pumping more wolves out into the area? That's just foolish and a waste of money. Maybe they should focus more on creating an environment in which the wolves can be sustained. Yeah I guess it's cool to have wolves here, but does cool really matter when you know that population will just die out in several years and be replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.