"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett

Ten Pointer
Wolves on My Farm

To: leopoldo_miranda <leopoldo_miranda@fws.gov>; cynthia_dohner <cynthia_dohner@fws.gov>; gordon.myers <gordon.myers@ncwildlife.org>; d_m_ashe <d_m_ashe@fws.gov>; <pat mccroy>; Secretary_jewell <Secretary_jewell@ios.doi.gov>

Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2015 9:49 pm

So, in 20 days in February I trapped 4 USFWS wolves. Now in the last 7 days, I have photos of 3 different wolves. One with a green collar, one with a brown collar and one with no collar.
My farm with no wolves... I am beyond upset.

Leo, Cindy, or Dan, I want and deserve a phone call tomorrow to set a meeting with Director Ashe.

Jett
252 714 2774

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
You removed four in Feb., they returned them in Mar. I removed two and it seems they have been replaced with new ones. I guess it's our move! I am getting tired of this game. It's hard to win when you are playing with cheaters and liars. Never give up!

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
There is only one way, that is 100% assured, to keep these coyo-dog-wolves from returning. We all know what that way is. It would be a shame to have to resort to that way, because of the USFWS refusing to do their job, abiding by their own regulations, and honoring their own agreements with the people of eastern NC. Every day that goes by with the USFWS ignoring the laws, the regulations, the agreements, and not doing their job, is another day closer to ensuring the demise of the hybrid creation they refer to as the &#8220;red wolf&#8221; in the wilds of eastern NC.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Strong Evidence suggest USFWS &quot;Fraudulently&quot; Recorded Mortality Data

Private Landowners "Suspect" USFWS "Fraudulently" recorded Mortality Data to "Fabricate" Federal Coyote / Red Wolf Lawsuit against North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.

da28f484d433301d85445a353b471514.jpg

696a3700ecf68ddab7e7e43064139693.jpg

Red Wolf Shot, Red Wolf Killed, Red Wolf Gunshot, Congressman Walter B Jones, Water Jones, Congressman Jones, Joey Hinton, Doc Hastings, House Committee on Natural Resources, Congress, Congressman Doc Hastings, ESA Oversight, Sue and Settle, Sue & Settle, T. Delaene Beeland, The Secret World of Red Wolves, Cornelia N. Hutt, Cornelia Hutt, Red Wolf Coalition, FOX, FOX News, ABC, ABC News, NBC, NBC News, WRAL, WRAL News, Raleigh, Charlotte, Sean Hannity, Bill Oreilly, Bill O'Reilly, The Factor, Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, N&O, News and Observer, Bob Pendergrass, Dan Nicholas Park, Kim Wheeler, Red Wolf Coalition, David Rabon, RWC Board Member, USFWS, Red Wolf, Hybridization, International Wolf Center, Rob Schultz, Nina Fascione, Defenders of Wildlife, ESA, Endangered Species Act, Nonessential Experimental Population, North Carolina, Alligator River Wildlife Refuge, Red Wolf Coordinator, Section 10(j), 5 - Year Summary, Captive Breeding, Reintroduction Area, Coyote, Coywolf, Coywolfs, Coy-wolf, Coywolfs, Predator Control, Service, Take Permit, Adaptive Management, Sterilization, Federal Game Lands, Fish and Wildlife Service, Animal Welfare Institute, Lawsuit, NCWRC, North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission, Depredation, 5 County Red Wolf Recovery Area, Hyde County, Beaufort County, Tyrrell County, Dare County, Washington County, Red Wolf Recovery Program, Reward, PHVA 1999, George Amato, Mike Chamberlain, Jennifer Gilbreath, Ed Bangs, Brian Cole, Karen Goodrowe, Karen Beck, Gloria Bell, Dave Flemming, Jack Grisham, Art Beyer, Randy Fulk, Mary Hagedorn, Mike Bryant, Todd Fuller, Phil Hedrick, Onnie Byers, Eric Gese, Gary Henry, Brian Kelly, Phil Miller, John Theberge, Fred Knowlton, Michael Morse, Mary Thebarge, Sue Lindsey, Dennis Murray, Kathy Traylor-Holzer, Chris Lucash, Ron Nowak, Will Waddell, Ford Mauney, Mike Phillips, Bob Wayne, Dave Mech, Ulysses Seal, Kathy Whidbee, Scott McLellan, Doug Smith, Aubrey White, Michael Stoskopf, Paul Wilson, Dan Ashe, Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior, Red Wolf Study, Peer Review, Peer Reviewed, Howlings, Columbia NC, Columbia

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Grassroots "Homework Assignment" volunteer requested to;

Convert to Lat & Long Coordinates and post on layover Google Map

112a736bf1d1be90588a9eb7a00271e7.jpg

4ceb4080fdc2662ed141234d9a5f9ecb.jpg

BR549

Twelve Pointer
BTW, Get the corresponding permits from NCWRC authorizing the above (illegal?) trapping of coyotes.

Last edited:

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I think Soilman can do the easting/northing map. The permit is gonna be a tough one unless it's been "invented" as of lately. A more important document would be the written permission from landowners should these coordinates prove to be off of federal lands.

Jett

Ten Pointer
I think Soilman can do the easting/northing map. The permit is gonna be a tough one unless it's been "invented" as of lately. A more important document would be the written permission from landowners should these coordinates prove to be off of federal lands.

I have the lack of permits documented. When I asked for written landowner permissions, I received none. We will see...

BR549

Twelve Pointer
&amp;quot;Red Wolf&amp;quot; restoration scandal

More proof "Gunshot" and "Irresponsible" actions of citizens (private landowners) are a non-issue!

Perhaps "If gunshot mortality does not exist, we must invent it"??

ecc2ed708a17f35797a928326e9ca994.jpg

a5bb94a2177f2a9f7febcd6ed6b108cc.jpg

c6e086445455410d362af13e23c54a7b.jpg

Last edited:

odie408

Ten Pointer
Grassroots "Homework Assignment" volunteer requested to;

Convert to Lat & Long Coordinates and post on layover Google Map

112a736bf1d1be90588a9eb7a00271e7.jpg

4ceb4080fdc2662ed141234d9a5f9ecb.jpg

Do you really think they would use easting and northing over lat. and long. to cover up where they illegally trapped these coyotes? Now I wonder where they might have illegally released these coyotes. Oh! I forget they don't follow any laws or rules or regulations. They invent what they need when they need it and we are to go along with it.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nice work GSOHunter! The coordinates appear to be UTM Zone 18 in meters. Since I'd never worked with google's fusion tables, I ran up a conversion to lat/lon and made a .kmz file to pull up in Google Earth, then saw your post, and my results look to be essentially the same as yours. Again, well done!

Google Fusion is pretty cool. It imported my spreadsheet and mapped it out automatically. It was a pain to figure out what the coordinates were in.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Anyone received their take permits yet?? I'm sure after 6+ months that would define "Abandoned Efforts"!!

6311bf4a4e3e77d4a718889e0c69f6ac.jpg

69bbd0350ce9ed1e502b6f8e567d088f.jpg

odie408

Ten Pointer
The mere presence of a wolf on our property is a problem when it stops or hinders us from controlling coyotes. So I could really use that take permit now. But I can't even get a reply from Leo. When I get my goat ranch set up I will need it even more. Got to protect my goats.

Jett

Ten Pointer

GSO,

Great job and thank you!
You have 2 sets of location data. Can you color the trapped and removed one color and the trapped and released another color. People will be mad enough that they were illegally trapped on. They will be doubly mad if a coyote was sterilized and then put back out on their land. One of the locations looks to be on my farm. I really want to see if they released a coyote on me.

Thanks,
Jett

corapeake

Eight Pointer
Will edit the map later tonight. I hope they didn't release one on you!

Great job !!

In my comparison between https://www.google.com/fusiontables...8t5A0sz62mbqQ_4eYvwllkPNVkjC-W&pli=1#map:id=3 and http://tyrrellcountygis.com/nc/tyrrell/ I've looked at half a dozen or so around Columbia and they occurred on FARMLAND RESERVE INC or WEYERHAEUSER CO land.

There are 2 tagged as Tyrrell that are in Washington Co.

for reference:

http://tyrrellcountygis.com/nc/tyrrell/
http://washingtoncountygis.com/nc/washington/
http://hydecountygis.com/nc/hyde/
http://beaufort.connectgis.com/Map.aspx

odie408

Ten Pointer
The two caught on the SW side of Pococin looks to have both been in Hyde Co. No dates but I don't think those two are with us any longer. They left us last Feb.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
1999 Va Beach Working Group Comments

Working Group Members:

George Amato, Wildlife Conservation Society
Ed Bangs, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Dave Flemming, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Gary Henry, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Brian Kelly, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Dave Mech, U.S. Geological Survey
Ron Nowak, Falls Church, VA
Mike Phillips, Turner Endangered Species Fund
Mary Theberge, Universityof Waterloo
Robert Wayne, University of California, Los Angeles
Paul Wilson, Trent University
Mary Hagedorn, National Zoological Park (Facilitator)

"It was noted that hybridization is not observed throughout the range of the species – but is not
confined just to the edge. Nowak discussed the issue of reticulate patterns as being natural. It
may be difficult to save something (i.e., the red wolf) that might not be considered natural.
He
described the movement of coyotes across the country and argued that we no longer had true red
wolves or true coyotes --- they are part coyote/wolves and red wolf/coyotes. Regardless, he
thought we should save the current population in a wildlife area as a national monument".

"During the latter portion of the group’s time together, a great deal of information was shared and
the question was asked, “Can the red wolf be recovered even under the best of conditions?” It
appears from recent data that current hybridization levels are already unsustainable in terms of
maintaining the current red wolf genotype". (1999)

"Could this particular perspective be difficult to sell to administrative and political leaders"?

"One proposal: Fence (Self-Sustaing Population??) the Alligator River area. Remove or sterilize coyotes – and add more red
wolves to help establish pack structures – etc. Fifty animals is probably the upper limit in that
area. Perhaps fire management would help; perhaps, line traps could be used instead of a fence.
Bob Wayne expressed his sentiment that we should treat the hybridization issue experimentally -
test the system. There are concerns about public attitudes for coyote control, expense for a
system unlikely to be replicated or even succeed
".

"Carrying Capacity: The carrying capacity, K, for a given habitat patch defines an upper limit for
the population size, above which additional mortality is imposed across all age classes in order to
return the population to the value set for K. The carrying capacity of wolves in northeast North
Carolina was assumed to be 150, based largely on best guess estimates"

(Question; Red Wolves are only authorized to be released and managed on Federal Land. So how
is such an area going to support 150 Red Wolves? You see the scientist DO NOT even know the Federal
Rules!!!!)

"We could assume that the gradual loss of red wolf genetic material in the wild (due to
hybridization with coyotes and genetic drift) will necessitate periodic supplementation with
captive-born stock. For the sake of simplicity, we might assume that animals would be
added on a yearly basis for 20 years
and the rate of addition was equal to 0.5 individuals for
each age/sex cohort (total of 3 individuals/year).

"Our group considered the relative merits of various manipulations and experimental approaches.
We feel that the problem of coyote gene introgression into red wolves is so great that it is unwise
to utilize any of the NENC recovery area for hypothesis testing
. Such hypothesis testing
removes some packs from being managed for the primary goal of protecting and promoting the
growth of the self-sustaining, non-hybridizing population of red wolves in NENC. Resolution of
the data needed to address various null hypotheses is difficult to obtain because of limitations of
field work. Conclusions from hypothesis testing will be difficult to draw from small samples,
especially considering variability in canid behavior". (Now we know the RW Recovery Team was
Illegally "Managing" Coyotes on Private Land and not Federal Lands)

"2. Lethal control of coyotes and non-wolf canids.
A. Kill coyotes and non-wolf canids in Dare, Hyde, Tyrrell, Washington, and Beaufort
Counties (in that order of priority) with reviewed SOPs". (Does Project Coyote Supports the Red Wolf Program??)

"Final Outcome Statement:
Final determination if the goals were met or not met and attendant determination by
USFWS on the fate of red wolf recovery program
(development of a new site, preservation of
mainland Dare County and captive population, development of fencing around ARNWR or
termination of program
)".

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If most of the early fatalities came from wolf on wolf attacks with only a few released in the area how do they expect 150 to get along on the same area.

landowner rights

The decision by The USFWS on the fate of the program is obviously one that is being delayed. One thing that should be noted by the USFWS, RWC, DOW etc. is that we're not going away and the facts never change.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Does anyone know Judge Boyle he needs to see this!!

If most of the early fatalities came from wolf on wolf attacks with only a few released in the area how do they expect 150 to get along on the same area.

That's when Red Wolf Recovery Team manipulates those mortalities and allocates to the GUNSHOT column!! You see this is all to help the Red Wolf Coalitions lawsuit look better against the NCWRC.

If this is in deed true, theres gonna be some serious explaining to do to Federal Judge Boyle. I doubt he will be happy with tying up his court room, if true due to "tampered evidence"

HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT - Someone graph the mortality data from yrs 1992 - 2011 and post as a reply to this post.

Do we see a trend??

f54912a570c0e5df0448895ac15f2286.jpg

9c650c16d8b28391a0b3ae65188236c2.jpg

7c383e3827f445b554544c8627faa1a6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.