Sticky "Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Article says only 15-20 red wolves alive in Eastern NC... They can't be serious? They just blatantly ignore the DNA?

There are literally thousands of them west of Eastern NC all the way to California. We call them coyotes. The same DNA as the Zoo's "red woofs".

BuffaloRiver

Button Buck
I’m new to NC. Actually still looking for a house. What are the actual range of the red wolf. How far west have people seen them.

Jett

Eight Pointer
I’m new to NC. Actually still looking for a house. What are the actual range of the red wolf. How far west have people seen them.
They release selectively these bred coywolves (fake red wolves) in the Smoky National Park in the western part of NC and now all over 5 northeastern counties. They have been found in many places in between.

BuffaloRiver

Button Buck
Me and my wife spotted two Of the largest coyotes we had ever seen yesterday in Denton. They had reddish hair and acted different than a normal coyotes. Our first thought were red wolf.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Me and my wife spotted two Of the largest coyotes we had ever seen yesterday in Denton. They had reddish hair and acted different than a normal coyotes. Our first thought were red wolf.
Welcome to the state and forum. You glorify and acknowledge the hybrids by calling them a "red wolf". There's no such animal still in existence. The canines that you're seeing are the result of a man made animal (PDZ in Tacoma, Wash)and the insertion of animals that the tree huggers want us to believe is a true wolf. DNA has repeatedly proven that to be incorrect.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t your own research, apparently you can’t believe anything here because we all have an “agenda” 🤣🤣🤣

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They usually don't have very long lives since they were not bred for durability in the wild, only for appearance. They are very susceptible to heartworms and other problems that don't typically plague actual wild animals.
They are one of the best selling attractions at the local zoos so I don't expect them to disappear anytime soon from captivity but the ones that can actually breed and are not sterile lose any chance of passing on many traits since most of their dna is coyote and that will be the dominant factor in determining the appearance of their offspring.
Sadly their offspring usually get euthanized in zoos, since most don't pass the appearance test that is required to be called a "Red Woof"