"Red Wolf" restoration scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett

Ten Pointer
The Red Wolf Species Status Report and 5 Year Review was due out last month.

"Finally, by October 2017 the Service working with others will complete a comprehensive Species Status Assessment and five-year status review for the red wolf, building on the foundation of work accomplished over the past two years and past history. This will guide the Service’s recovery planning in the future."

https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.c...ice-to-significant-changes-for-red-&_ID=35794

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I found this interesting. Posted on North Carolina Whitetail State Prides FB Page. Suposed to be from Burke County. Not sure what to make of it but folks are claiming it is a wuff.

wuff.jpg

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
"They no longer overlap with wolves, which are long gone from the East save for the very rare red wolf, but they remain eight to 25 percent wolf genetically, said Roland Kays, a leading coyote biologist with the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences."
lol

odie408

Ten Pointer
It's now 2018 and still no word on the fate of the red wolf program that was to be released in October 2017. It's time to admit there mistake and move on. Landowners where the red wolves live and the coyotes are protected want an answer.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It's now 2018 and still no word on the fate of the red wolf program that was to be released in October 2017. It's time to admit there mistake and move on. Landowners where the red wolves live and the coyotes are protected want an answer.

Most of us already know " the answer". And act accordingly.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
saw a quick blurb about the 'fake' wolf on WRAL this morning over at the Museum in Durham....the idiots on the news cast were falling all over themselves about it........what a bunch of idiots..

Jett

Ten Pointer
The USFWS Swamp in DC is very deep and filled with lying and malignant pro wolf forces. Be patient, we have come a very long ways and we will prevail. :cool:

Already, I am seeing the deer and turkey populations on my farm rebound with my extensive removal of wolves from my land. Removing wolves has been much more productive with USFWS not constantly rereleasing and restocking their make believe non-native invasive vermin on adjoining land. The red wolf program was and is FAKE NEWS and is now all but dead. True leadership with integrity in DC and Atlanta will be the key that restores my faith in the USFWS that we and our wildlife deserve.

Last edited:

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
If you are also "removing" coyotes along with the woofs, then I'm sure all your game will recover. Sounds like you need to weigh in and give the WRC some pointers on the coyote management plan

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was thinking of suggesting that the 5 county permit system be abolished, since there are no red wolves.
That's exactly what I did with my reply to NCWRC, and noted it was justified because the protected coyotes are now documented as killing shore birds and sea turtles in Dare County.

As to the "fake" news link, just because Ron can't find one doesn't mean they aren't there.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's exactly what I did with my reply to NCWRC, and noted it was justified because the protected coyotes are now documented as killing shore birds and sea turtles in Dare County.

As to the "fake" news link, just because Ron can't find one doesn't mean they aren't there.

Ron can't find what's NOT there. In that, I mean a pure red wolf. They do not exist there, only hybrid canines, ie: coywolves...

odie408

Ten Pointer

Ron might be on to something, I can't seem to find anymore either. Sad:greenjump:

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ron can't find what's NOT there. In that, I mean a pure red wolf. They do not exist there, only hybrid canines, ie: coywolves...
I'm pretty sure Ron was looking for one of the hybrids they have been passing off as real red wolfs, and he couldn't find one of those either.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The OBX Voice article is poorly worded. There was another article published a few weeks ago that was factual and well written about the coyote removal in Nags Head.

I know the trapper personally and the coyotes were not snared as the article states. Not sure if the use of the term snared was used in ignorance or intentionally to mislead the readers. Snaring is not a legal method of take in Dare County and the coyotes that were caught were not caught with snares.

Status
Not open for further replies.