Red Tail Hawk

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
IMG_9659.jpgToday I did a little walking in Orange County near the area where I was raised. I had not been in these woods at this particular place in about 50 years. Some things looked familiar there but much I had forgotten. I was walking some along a very old woods road that I had walked on those many years ago and the hawk flew into land about 40 yards away. I grabbed some pictures with my camera knowing that most would be poor due to the many branches between the hawk and me. I moved more to my right trying to get a clearer view and was surprised that the hawk stayed. This hawk must have had some acquaintance with people but even being used to people somewhat it finaly had enough of me and sailed away. A Red Tail Hawk.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
View attachment 61839Today I did a little walking in Orange County near the area where I was raised. I had not been in these woods at this particular place in about 50 years. Some things looked familiar there but much I had forgotten. I was walking some along a very old woods road that I had walked on those many years ago and the hawk flew into land about 40 yards away. I grabbed some pictures with my camera knowing that most would be poor due to the many branches between the hawk and me. I moved more to my right trying to get a clearer view and was surprised that the hawk stayed. This hawk must have had some acquaintance with people but even being used to people somewhat it finaly had enough of me and sailed away. A Red Tail Hawk.
Good catch !

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is a pair that nests about 100 yards from my house, or has for the past 3 years. It is surprising how early they nest.