Recurve Samick Polaris Question

I am thinking about getting my daughter and wife a recurve bow. I have been looking at the Samick Polaris for my 11 year old. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a comparison. I have not decided between the Samick Sage, Jorney, or Little Fox for my wife.

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Do you live near Mebane? A quick visit to Eagle's Flight Archery would help you alot. Don Ward can offer great advice on a first trad bow for beginners.

If set on the Samicks, I have not heard bad things and shot one just two days ago (Sage 55# RH). It was a tad loud but it was also not tuned with proper arrows and brace. Unless either will be hunting you could go with the Little Fox for each. You can't argue with the price.

Edited: The Polaris is also a good choice and each can grow with the archer as their abilities grow. The max on limbs for the Little Fox is 29lbs I believe

Last edited:
Thanks, we live near Clayton and Mebane isn't too far away. I would love to go some place were they can just shoot the bow or just get a feel for it before I buy it. I would rather buy local than buy off of the internet.

DarrinG

The Samick bows are a lot of bow for the money. I had a Sage for awhile and it shot just as well as some bows costing 3-4 times as much.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nothing wrong with Samick, they build some top quality stuff for the big name sources as well as entry level archery gear. The best advice I can give is to start out with low poundage, learn all you can about form and tuning, and enjoy yourself. Both my wife and daughter shoot occasionally and our back yard can turn into a hoot!

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
I'm off all week including this coming Saturday. If you want to head towards Mebane shoot me a PM. I always look for a reason to go see Don. You can shoot in his shop. he has used bows also at great prices. Just check with him to make sure he's going to be there. He sometimes heads out to set up at weekend shoots.

We're having a trad shoot at Sissipahaw in Aug (23rd). Come on over. I can bring several bows to try. None are or sale though. I have a hard time selling them ;)

www.stacgang.org

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I agree with what has been posted and also agree that a trip to see Don at Eagle's Flight is time well spent. We have folks in our club who shoot the Sage and the Polaris (mostly kids) and we are pleased with them.