Recommendation needed

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Family will be in Outer Banks last week of sept/first week of Oct. looking to do a trip offshore if it’s worth it or staying inshore if that’s better. Who should I hire and where should I look to go? Thanks in advance.

redbow

Ten Pointer
There should be alot of trout on the sound side. Look for grass and fish zman under a popping cork. As for offshore I don't have much for you. If you are looking to catch a bunch of fish and have youngsters you should check out Patrick Baton on the Little Clam out of Odens dock in Jatteras.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Thank you. No kids, all adults looking for something to catch and eat. A marlin would be cool but mainly looking for action.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
OIFC is always a good start

The kind of trip kind of depends on the kind of people…are they up to a long trip or better suited to stay inshore?

personally, I find better eating fish inshore along the OBH in the fall…and if you want big fish, big drum are inshore then, too

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Ya might be hard pressed to find a spot 90 days out. Most of the boys i know running offshore charters are already booked well past that date.
Id start calling ASAP.
Inshore fishing in that timeframe is just starting to get real good.
You could fish for 2.5 days inshore for about the same money as one day offshore..fww