REcomendations?

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Family is thinking about going to Shackleford banks for a night or two.. Never been there, wondering if anyone has a recommendation of hotels?

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Sorry but there aren't any hotels on shack. You got to take a boat to get there. It's more or less a party location to Sun bathe, watch wild horses and hang out. I am not sure if they allow camping or not.
Closest hotels are Morehead city or Beaufort.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Camping is allowed. No hotels. Take plenty of repellant as the no see ums will carry you off if the wind dies down.

Tony Hawkins

Eight Pointer
We went there last summer. Put the boat in and ran 2-3 miles out to get there; beautiful clear/blue water. Now around the piedmont my 2072 SeaArk is a pretty big boat, but when we pulled up amongst the 34' Regulators, Contenders, & Grady Whites ours didn't really fit in. No problem getting there with the GPS, just watch for sandbars.

dsink

Eight Pointer
What they said. Its by boat only. There is a couple ferry services in Beaufort that will take you over there. We go over there a lot in the summer to chill. Its a great place and a lot of fun. Never camped there but if you need it, your going to have to take it. There is an outhouse about mid ways down on the back side of the island but that's all that's over there.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
We went there last summer. Put the boat in and ran 2-3 miles out to get there; beautiful clear/blue water. Now around the piedmont my 2072 SeaArk is a pretty big boat, but when we pulled up amongst the 34' Regulators, Contenders, & Grady Whites ours didn't really fit in. No problem getting there with the GPS, just watch for sandbars.
I was out there last 4th of July. If you think your 2472 looked out of place, you should have seen us in our 1860 SeaArk. Talk about feeling out of place.