Recoil pad

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone here in the Raleigh Durham area with a belt sander to fit a grind to fit pad? Or can recommend a smith?

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Not trying to be a smart azz ,but go buy a table sander and you can diy hundreds of them for the price of a smith.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would if had a place to put it. - Edit - didn't realize made small table top ones. A smith would probably charge the $60 I see some for...

Last edited:

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would if had a place to put it. - Edit - didn't realize made small table top ones. A smith would probably charge the $60 I see some for...

Yep, the table top models don't take much space. Belt can be used for taking material off quickly then use the disc with a fine pad for finish work. You may be surprised at the other uses you'll come up with to utilize the unit.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I will say there is more to it then just having a sander. I have done the small thin ones but pay for otheres like the thick pads with vents. just too easy to screw up.

Tom up in Wendell did some for me.
The sander needs to have a lot of power. The more it bogs down the harder it is.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Not to say you should, but just to say you can, I added a field pad to both of these rifles. I don’t have a picture of the CBA after the instal. I used a craftsman hand held belt sander, clamped into my vice, and wired the trigger. I used a few different grits and masking tape. 936C6CA2-6FCC-4717-BFD2-580962B0B8AF.jpeg

2E54B366-FE81-4828-9143-69A80824EF74.jpeg

Last edited: