Rebuilding broadheads...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Really ain’t worth the time or money....

But I reckon I already had the blades, so there’s that. Started with 10 proven killers and only had to cull one that couldn’t get past the spin test. Speaks to the toughness of a Spitfire I guess, as every one of them has been through a deer and buried in the dirt. Some more than once I’m sure.

And the parts are a helluva lot smaller and fuzzier than they were 20 years ago?:LOL:2EBF2666-7B3B-4439-8D91-1C360EE892C2.jpeg

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I shoot Rage and usually trash instead of rebuilding due to the cost being about the same.

With that said the last 2 deer I have killed were with Rage Hypos and I’m impressed at their durability.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Replacement blades are a racket. They should cost $1 ea. Broadheads are way overpriced in general. If Rifle cartridges cost $12-15 each, hunters would flip. I guess it’s what the market can support though.

mattharris0414

Get some slick trick magnums. They can be taken apart and re-sharpened with one of the Smith's sharpeners and used over and over. I have been shooting the same 6 for going on 5 years and have never had one break a blade or be damaged.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
^slick tricks are my second favorite broadhead.

Some of those ferrules in that pic are 20 yrs old(y)

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I hear ya rebuilding....
I've bowhunted since 92. Only used 3 types of heads. Started with Thunderhead 125's. Switched to Rage 3 blade 100's. Wanted to go back to a cut on contact, and started using Slick Trick 100's -- magnums. I love the Slick Tricks.