Ready to blast some squirrels

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Squirrel season comes in the 12th but I’ll be chasing hounds with the old timers for the opening day of bear . The boy turns 14 on the 18th so me and a buddy are taking him squirrel hunting on the 17th before he goes on a bday trip with his adoptive mama. Should be fun. Big tracts of land in National Forest. Not looking for a pat on the back. Just wanted everyone to know I’m holding up my end of the deal and getting him in the woods again

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Squirrel season comes in the 12th but I’ll be chasing hounds with the old timers for the opening day of bear . The boy turns 14 on the 18th so me and a buddy are taking him squirrel hunting on the 17th before he goes on a bday trip with his adoptive mama. Should be fun. Big tracts of land in National Forest. Not looking for a pat on the back. Just wanted everyone to know I’m holding up my end of the deal and getting him in the woods again
The boy should be getting a package from Carhartt on the 14th . Maybe it will get to you before his birthday.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Was riding around mtns Sun and got thinking don't see any squirrel tails on antennas anymore anyone notice it in there area? That used be popular on trucks in Appalachians

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Was riding around mtns Sun and got thinking don't see any squirrel tails on antennas anymore anyone notice it in there area? That used be popular on trucks in Appalachians
I can’t remember the last time I saw a squirrel tail on an antenna....

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Did not know squirrel tails on antennas was a thing. I've got my lifetime hunting and lifetime trapping stickers on my car, so everybody knows I'm a hunter and trapper. :D

Small game season can't come soon enough. Need to get out in the woods! Will try to do some furbearer sign scouting this week on game land, if I have time after work.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I’m getting pretty pumped. I’ve got friends with clubs that have loaded feeders. Gonna go ahead and cull some fat ones to start with.

Looking forward to getting out and finding a big buck for rifle season while I prowl around for bushy tails.

Maybe we should do a mountain squirrel rendezvous one day and killemup

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well go figure dry for bout 2 weeks now gonna rain all wknd into Mon morning my camping this wknd is shot. same for opening morning. It'll be halloween before I get off again to go in NC. But I will be going north to try my luck on some big reds and blacks

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Well go figure dry for bout 2 weeks now gonna rain all wknd into Mon morning my camping this wknd is shot. same for opening morning. It'll be halloween before I get off again to go in NC. But I will be going north to try my luck on some big reds and blacks

2 weeks from today we'll be knocking them Ohio skirls out buddy !!
All I got to do is load the dog in the box. Im fired up....

Hate you cant camp this weekend but looks like monday wont be too awful

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
The white oaks are dropping all over the place around my house. I'm tempted to just set out on the front deck and gig a few for supper one night. That may happen Tuesday after work!

<>< Fish

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I got my steyer out earlier to oil up and look over. I’ve got 3 boxes of the 1050fps segmented HPs that are absolutely deadly.

Prolly gonna Hunt a little with my savage 22/410 too.
Speaking of!!!!
If anyone has any of the CCI 1050fps segmented hollowpoints they want to trade flat out for other 22 ammo.......

I have a plethora of different speeds and manufacturer I can dig into.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Speaking of!!!!
If anyone has any of the CCI 1050fps segmented hollowpoints they want to trade flat out for other 22 ammo.......

I have a plethora of different speeds and manufacturer I can dig into.
My Dad picked up a bunch at the most recent Asheville gun show, a week or two ago.

I bought 20 boxes from him. If it doesn’t shoot well in one of my bolt guns, I may be willing to part with it.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Sounds like the remnants of Delta should be headed out of my area Monday morning. Hoping to get into the squirrel woods on game land Monday afternoon after work.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've never seen kids so excited over squirrel season as this year. The youngest one (5) has asked me about 50 times when it comes in, and how many days are left. He's going to get after them with the Red Ryder.

Our boys picked 3 gallons of white oak acorns out of the yard for "bait" this week. Yesterday afternoon they were setting up their "squirrel blinds". The oldest said he was going to set up some natural blinds so I sent him with a saw to trim a cedar tree that needed some pruning. They spent the rest of the time stacking limbs somewhere down in the woods.

They are funny. I picked up some more .410 #6's this week. I guess I'm an enabler.:D

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've never seen kids so excited over squirrel season as this year. The youngest one (5) has asked me about 50 times when it comes in, and how many days are left. He's going to get after them with the Red Ryder.

Our boys picked 3 gallons of white oak acorns out of the yard for "bait" this week. Yesterday afternoon they were setting up their "squirrel blinds". The oldest said he was going to set up some natural blinds so I sent him with a saw to trim a cedar tree that needed some pruning. They spent the rest of the time stacking limbs somewhere down in the woods.

They are funny. I picked up some more .410 #6's this week. I guess I'm an enabler.:D
They sound a lot like my 7 year old, although she hasn’t built any squirrel blinds to my knowledge....lol!!! She does collect up the acorns in the yard to scatter out under her favorite oaks to hunt....

Which reminds me, I need to make sure I’ve got some more .410’s. 😁😁😁

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns

That’s a good dad!
I’m really excited.
I hate to admit it but I have been more excited about squirrels this year than deer season. I don’t like sitting for so long anymore in the deer stand.
At least squirrel hunting your walking and chatting with friends, shooting guns.
It has helped me explore game lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That’s a good dad!
I’m really excited.
I hate to admit it but I have been more excited about squirrels this year than deer season. I don’t like sitting for so long anymore in the deer stand.
At least squirrel hunting your walking and chatting with friends, shooting guns.
It has helped me explore game lands.

I need to take the boys out to some game lands and do that. We might stumble upon a good spot for other game.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I am so looking forward to getting in the woods tomorrow after work and hunting some bushy tails! Getting my stuff all laid out this evening so I can change quick when I get home and hit the game lands. :D

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I am so looking forward to getting in the woods tomorrow after work and hunting some bushy tails! Getting my stuff all laid out this evening so I can change quick when I get home and hit the game lands. :D
Going to hit some gamelands tomorrow after work as well. If i get one I will count it successful and 2 would be better. Got My 410 ready and just need some Skirls!!! Wabbit season is in as well. Good luck.