RE:Make Davidson County, NC A Second Amendment Protection County

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
This group formed recently and I saw them on Fox 8 News last night.
My son called me and we are members on FB.

The Davidson County Commissioners have been asked about their views and support.
Next Tuesday at the Commissioners meeting in Lexington it is hoped they will be prepared
to bring it to a vote. The group wants to model it after Surry County, NC.
Lincoln County, just passed legislation on this.

Word has spread to get there early as they are looking for a large crowd,
seating may be a problem. You can check the name out on FB and also
check Fox 8 News WGHP news site for the story.
The meeting starts at six o'clock at the county building in Lexington, NC.

See you there.

Last edited:

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
Forgive my ignorance but would you mind explaining what this means?
For me, it's a public showing support for firearms. In short, the talk is about the new legislation being passed
across the country, and enforcement of them. If the left side can take something "illegal" and make it a safe
and legal area, then why can't something "legal" do the same?

I'm in it to see how does what and where they stand.

Just this morning I was notified the group changed its name to,
Make Davidson County A Second Amendment Protection County.

Last edited:

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
So far in North Carolina it's Lincoln, Surry, and Wilkes.

Sheriff Seabolt is pushing sanctuary for Randolph. Alexander County is trying as well. I'm surprised Johnson hasn't nominated Alamance. I think our proximity to the liberal counties it's very important to pass this.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^Exactly. I'm not really a fan of adopting the language of the left to "protect" something spelled out in our Constitution. I understand the sentiment, but it seems like if you need to create a "sanctuary", it's because you've already given up on the legitimacy of your position.

I'm not sure I like the precedent of this "sanctuary" movement. It feels more like we are sinking to the tactics of liberals rather than standing strong on a solid foundation of the Constitution.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
I guess we could stay quiet, don't do anything and let the government decide what's best.
That being, should the NRA members and other "gun rights" groups close down and allow
the "anti-gun Nazi's" such as in Virginia do everything they can to disarm the state?

Maybe this won't help or change anyone's mind, but it's getting the attention of local
politicians because they have to make a decision and support it. They don't like that.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Stokes County Commissioners meeting tonight at 6 pm "for the introduction of a resolution to declare Stokes County NC a Second Amendment Constitutional Rights Protection County."

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^Exactly. I'm not really a fan of adopting the language of the left to "protect" something spelled out in our Constitution. I understand the sentiment, but it seems like if you need to create a "sanctuary", it's because you've already given up on the legitimacy of your position.

I'm not sure I like the precedent of this "sanctuary" movement. It feels more like we are sinking to the tactics of liberals rather than standing strong on a solid foundation of the Constitution.

I feel the same way. I don’t want to legitimize the stupidity.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It seems to me this movement is removing our stake and interest in the rule of law and essentially ignoring the law. It's a feel-good reaction, that I'm afraid undermines our long term position of holding the constitutional high ground. I would rather simply demand that any and all laws be consistent with the constitution. There's a time and place for passive disobedience, but it's a last resort to unjust laws. We aren't there yet.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It seems to me this movement is removing our stake and interest in the rule of law and essentially ignoring the law. It's a feel-good reaction, that I'm afraid undermines our long term position of holding the constitutional high ground. I would rather simply demand that any and all laws be consistent with the constitution. There's a time and place for passive disobedience, but it's a last resort to unjust laws. We aren't there yet.
I feel that any movement promoting the saving the COTUS is worth having, and social media is bringing together people of like mind which feel the same way and may have thought they didn't have nearly the support that they really do. I think this particular movement is a good thing, it's essentially the same as any other "anti" movement in that it will have limited effect, but in this case I feel that it certainly couldn't do any harm and may actually encourage folks of like mind to vote and to encourage their friends, family and others to do the same.
With local elections running sub 20% turnout the more locals that vote FOR us is a better chance we can change something for the better or keep something from going the wrong direction. Local and State elections are given way too little attention by many of us.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can certainly see that side of the issue, and I agree to a point. However. I'm afraid that if we wait for "the time and place", it might be too late. I'd rather see 90% of NC Counties let it be known beforehand, that most of this state does NOT support 2A restrictions than have to be reactionary after the fact like Virginia. Maybe, if we show an overwhelming support FOR the 2A up front, they won't bother to introduce the legislation to begin with.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I watched a little of the back handed, low down way that Virginia was ramming that bill through and even the council persons that were scheduled to vote on it had nothing good to say about it. Amazing that our COTUS means so little and that these idiots rely on others to "keep them safe" when in fact that's no-one's job but their own. Ask a policeman, sheriff officer or highway patrol officer if their job is to keep you safe and see what their answer is. Their job is to clean up the mess after it happens.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can certainly see that side of the issue, and I agree to a point. However. I'm afraid that if we wait for "the time and place", it might be too late. I'd rather see 90% of NC Counties let it be known beforehand, that most of this state does NOT support 2A restrictions than have to be reactionary after the fact like Virginia. Maybe, if we show an overwhelming support FOR the 2A up front, they won't bother to introduce the legislation to begin with.

If they’re willing to overlook the 2nd amendment, what makes anyone think they’ll recognize these declarations?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Grassroots movements in this manner are good! Trust me.. look at VA Democrats = they had a plan and played offense!

Let us and the politicians not forget “we the people” pay them and can vote them out.

Point is it’s rallying Americans the other 98%... let our voices be heard so that the 2% are recognized for they are.. 2%