Re-Bluing

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I picked up a sporterized Mauser recently in 257 Roberts, love the gun but the barrel is a little off-colored and I’d love to get it reblued. Anybody happen to know a gunsmith within an hour or so of New Bern that they’d recommend for the job?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
If it isn't something you want to show off as a "really nice rifle', do it yourself. I had never done one till this year and have reblued 5 I think and all turned out nice. Did a reblue and refinish on the stock of an old .410 for a neighbor/friend and he tried to give me $100. No way I was taking his money. I used Oxyblue, both liquid and paste. There are some Youtube things that will show you how and just adjust to suit your needs.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
If it isn't something you want to show off as a "really nice rifle', do it yourself. I had never done one till this year and have reblued 5 I think and all turned out nice. Did a reblue and refinish on the stock of an old .410 for a neighbor/friend and he tried to give me $100. No way I was taking his money. I used Oxyblue, both liquid and paste. There are some Youtube things that will show you how and just adjust to suit your needs.
Thanks for the tips. No, it’s definitely not doing to be a show piece but I figured this was something above my pay grade, if I can do it myself after this season that would be even better

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Have you considered Stumpy’s in Swansboro? Never used them but have heard nothing but good.

venom17

Six Pointer
Which type of blueing are you wanting? Got a buddy who does both hot and cold I believe and another that does Park.