Re-bath or Bath fitter?

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Anyone ever used Re-bath or Bath-fitter to place liner over existing shower? Have a old tiled bathroom with grout gone and leaking. Don't wont to spend the $5000 plus to re-tile the whole thing.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've had the 2 part epoxy sprayed over a bathroom in my old house, it was pink and they sprayed a light tan over it. It's guaranteed for life and has a bonding agent that gets applied before the epoxy coat. It looked great, but I did this during the remodel to sell the house so I can't speak for durability. It was lots and lots cheaper than to re-tile the whole bathroom.
I can't give you a referral name as this was in Florida, but I'll bet someone local has a similar business.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
One potentially huge issue with simply covering up old tile, especially some that has begun to leak, is the fact that money is being spent that might be covering up water damage or rot that can and will bite you downt he road. It is more expensive up front but a tear out and inspection of wall and floor framing/sheathing to check for and repair any water damage before covering it up with panels or tile can save tens of thousands down the road.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They are both a rip-off. I know several people that had them come in and give quotes of $5-8k to re-do a bathroom. They were able to find skilled carpenters or contractors to do far more for a little less.