rattling yet?

Wilsonl5

Button Buck
I’ve got some good spots with good deer on camera off scrapes I’ve hunted bow and muzzle loader. I’ve been in the woods consistent but haven’t rattled yet these scrapes and rubs are fresh. Also the moon is gonna play a factor.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
if you are rattling say from tomorrow morning on thru this cool snap- please do so from an elevated position. For your safety.
making buck noises now from the ground could get you stampeded. To your death.
They gonna be frisky for a few days.
the absolute best buck fight i have ever heard was on Oct 7th. Two tried to kill each other. I killed one of them after they got thru.
"Waiting" on rattling- grunting- killing one- that is rut influenced is way overrated.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
I have had success rattling in late October. After that it goes to crap where I am, mostly. And never had good luck with the loud crashing stuff. I can make it work when I see a buck pretty much any time…. but not blindly “calling”

darenative

Twelve Pointer
if you are rattling say from tomorrow morning on thru this cool snap- please do so from an elevated position. For your safety.
making buck noises now from the ground could get you stampeded. To your death.
They gonna be frisky for a few days.
the absolute best buck fight i have ever heard was on Oct 7th. Two tried to kill each other. I killed one of them after they got thru.
"Waiting" on rattling- grunting- killing one- that is rut influenced is way overrated.
Yep. Best buck fight i ever got on video was the 25 or 26 of September. It was a knock down drag out kinda fight. It was 50 yards over the property line and all i could do is watch it play out🤦‍♂️🤣

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I get pics on trail cam every year of bucks already putting heads together in September. Not really fighting but testing out the hardened antlers. Never rattled much the grunt calls work really good in October in my area probably better than late season on smaller bucks. After being bullied by larger bucks when the rut is going strong a lot of the smaller ones will look my way then sneak off

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
The only times I've had success rattling has been early in the season. Like as soon as velvet comes off early. Just basically tickling the antlers together to mimic 2 bucks pushing each other around. My theory is a buck hears this and figures his bachelor buddies are at the staging area so he may as well check things out.

Wilsonl5

Button Buck
We’ll guys went to a spot on Bragg this morning the temps had me guessing hard movement in the late morning so I sat in a big oak tree that was so big I didn’t need a stand about 15 ft up. I rattled some and used the grunt call but after three hours I saw a cyclist 100 yards off on a trail so I got down to change a card on my camera that was on a scrape near the oak, the wind was up this morning and that was a concern of mine. so as I was picking my pack up a deer started blowing about 30 yards off in some thick stuff near me. I figured it could be my scent or the cyclist or anything with all the wind So I sat still to see if anything comes by, sure enough a large buck comes poking through the thick stuff headed to the trail I’m on he gets to about 15-20 yards in a window and I shot him and he ran 20 yards. No heart left when I cleaned him, just excited about the meat he is hanging in the walk in for three days 164 live weight 4 year old

Attachments

• C7075D80-7D10-45D5-BA8A-A9F84E99E99F.jpeg
    C7075D80-7D10-45D5-BA8A-A9F84E99E99F.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 56297A3C-BDA0-4613-A5B3-A836940BC832.jpeg
    56297A3C-BDA0-4613-A5B3-A836940BC832.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 6BC3BEE4-7BB2-4FEE-B8E0-40BB9542206B.jpeg
    6BC3BEE4-7BB2-4FEE-B8E0-40BB9542206B.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 13CC63E2-5B36-4837-9837-BB88F1F0A248.jpeg
    13CC63E2-5B36-4837-9837-BB88F1F0A248.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 63

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
Congratulations on a fine deer. Corn or no corn, rattling or no rattling. Results are what counts and you have the results. Enjoy your deer and the feelings you experienced today because it doesn't happen near enough for any of us. Great deer and great job!

Wilsonl5

Button Buck
Congratulations on a fine deer. Corn or no corn, rattling or no rattling. Results are what counts and you have the results. Enjoy your deer and the feelings you experienced today because it doesn't happen near enough for any of us. Great deer and great job!
Yes thanksgiving 2019 was the last time I’ve killed a buck haha

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
When I was a kid I witnessed two bucks fighting over a doe that kept prancing by! It was a sight to see! Snorting, stomping , kicking and butting heads! I was afraid to leave the area. I will never forget seeing that!

Wilsonl5

Button Buck
I honestly can’t say I rattled him in it had been awhile since I last rattled and I was on his scrapeline, which was the direction he was traveling but I don’t think it hurts to rattle.