Ransomware hits Colonial Pipeline

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We would ALL love to extend driving mileage. Elon above all. If you just bought a new EV, would you care more about your battery, or the longevity of your future trips?

It's moot anyways, a battery replacement at this point in time (5/24/21) is akin to replacing an engine.

But if you NEVER had to worry about recharging again, in your lifetime, of owning an EV, would that NOT be a selling point?
My preference would be for researcher to find a way to extend the mileage and reduce the charging time. If I just bought a new EV, I would hate the thought of trading in my nice new battery for some other one that has gone through numerous recharging cycles.

Y’all thinking to conventional

merge the car with the metro concept

an energized “strip” on the highway That engages with a connection to the car to charge it as the cars rolling down the highway call it a charging Lane

something like that

(patent Pending of course 😎)

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I don't know anything about this but wondering......... do any of the EVs which are/will be available to the public have any "harvesting" system similar to the F1 cars?

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Y’all thinking to conventional

merge the car with the metro concept

an energized “strip” on the highway That engages with a connection to the car to charge it as the cars rolling down the highway call it a charging Lane

something like that

(patent Pending of course 😎)

I have read that we won't even own cars in the future. They'll be autonomous. You'll use an app like Uber where the driverless car arrives to take you to your destination. I guess a charging lane will help because the cars will never need to stop to recharge. When people tell me about this business model, I always ask them if they would care if I tossed a bloody deer in the trunk.