Random dog thought.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Has anyone ever crossed a beagle and a jagd? Or a beagle and an Airedale? Just a thought in what it might be?

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
There's a craigslist post somewhere in NC for a jagd/feist, or there was a few weeks ago.

Not sure on exact mix, but one time I did see a guy with coyote hunting dogs that were a lurcher cross that I assume was airedale/greyhound or airedale/saluki...big tall dogs, that looked like a skinny GWP mixed as much as anything.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There's a craigslist post somewhere in NC for a jagd/feist, or there was a few weeks ago.

Not sure on exact mix, but one time I did see a guy with coyote hunting dogs that were a lurcher cross that I assume was airedale/greyhound or airedale/saluki...big tall dogs, that looked like a skinny GWP mixed as much as anything.
Most of your shaggy yote dogs are wolf hound/stag/greyhound mix.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Had a friend that crossed a walker Foxhound with a Greyhound, fastest fox dogs I have ever seen but they barked like a Chihuahua. He did win alot of speed and drive money hunts with them. They had a short lifespan none made it to over 6 years old.

Reactions: DRS

timber

Twelve Pointer
Years ago guy in the club got a couple Airedales to run deer with. They were average at best. Somehow one of them got bred not sure if was intentional or not with a walker which made some good dogs

Reactions: DRS

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Years ago guy in the club got a couple Airedales to run deer with. They were average at best. Somehow one of them got bred not sure if was intentional or not with a walker which made some good dogs
That sounds about correct Airedale’s aren’t the best nose in the dog world. They will tree also. They are known for their grit. You cross them on your breed of choice many times especially for bear and hog dogs and you have something. Lot of the guys out west like them crossed in their lion dogs.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I used to keep several dogs crossed with Airedale. I had mostly plott/Airedale. Best cross ever was 1/2 B&T, 1/4 plott and 1/4 Airedale. Jam up dogs. I was wondering about the beagle. After watching them rabbit hunting and heard allot of people run deer with them. I thought I wonder what a beagle would look like with a jagd or Airedale cross

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Can you keep jagds together? A friend has one I thought he told me he had to keep him separate. I don't know if I would want aggressive hounds in a kennel. I have had enough trouble with some walkers crossed with tree stock in the past. However, if they don't fight in the box or while hunting, I guess they could be kenneled separate.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I have a friend who him and his SIL raise pure bred and crosses and I’ve never heard of a dog fight in the box or at a kill. They are housed separately but as long as I’ve known them and also when I had hounds. I always housed separately. Minus the beagles I had. I housed them in pairs.