Ram Rod Heads down range......

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just incase you wonder what happens when you forget the ram rod and pull the trigger....
Seen a few of these. I think it can be fixed but who knows.
No it was not me.

Attachments

• 19871113_Ramrodshotfromgun.jpg.d7218d340845a3aac913432a819b525b.jpg
    19871113_Ramrodshotfromgun.jpg.d7218d340845a3aac913432a819b525b.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 228

DarrinG

Six Pointer
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Funny as crap, after he shoots and goes to reload and looks everywhere for his ramrod. LoL......

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I want to know what kind of bullets he is shooting. I usually have to give a lot more effort than that....even freshly cleaned and a lubed bullet

Reactions: PG2

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Yep, I've seen it done with a brass rod just like that one. It looked like a 800 fps weed wacker cutting the tops off thigh high corn.

herman

Six Pointer
Did this once with a custom 45 cal.Part of the ram rod hit the 100 yd target and my shooting buddie found the other part about 75 yards down range.
I use the knight rods in all my muzzle loaders,they are light and very strong.
Don't remember which bullet or load I had in it but what ever it was it was pretty fast.
Glad I had the light rod instead of a heavy brass rod.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Damn that's funny. That makes me remember the time, back in the 80's, when I was in the Army in Germany.
We were in the field, training. M16A1 with blanks and the blank adapter on the muzzle of the barrel.
Well ole curious 19yr olds, We take the adapter off the end, tap a expended blank cartridge onto the end of the barrel. Man I tell you what it flies/tumbles pretty good when shot.
So then we got the bright idea of dropping a cleaning rod down the barrel. Comes out like a crossbow bolt, and will stick in a tree at semi close range.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
You can shoot sections of the issue cleaning rod out as well with blanks.

I have had my muzzle loader 20 years now and never done this. I would think it would be pretty apparent with the rattle as you put the gun up. Sometimes I pack in my ramrod because it rattles in place and I want to be quiet.

Be safe out there!

buckster

Button Buck
I almost done this one time, had ram rod in barrel and just before I pulled trigger, my brother yelled at me and told me to look where my ram rod was at. close. 36 years doing this and it only takes one less mental thought.

Clifford66

Button Buck
A buddy of mine one time shot his T/C inline, the ramrod was in the thimbles but evidently had slipped out some, sticking out past the end of the barrel. It became shorter!

mdunker

Ten Pointer
I did this once with a Savage ML10. Found the ramrod a year later about 150 yards from where I was shooting. Knocked me off of the shooting bench and I could not hear for two days. Scary then, funny now.