Raleigh gun show

45/70 hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone going? Are any members vendors? I ma go after my half day work tomorrow just to nose around.

Last edited:

45/70 hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Disappointing show, now I remember why I haven't gone in years. Lots of handguns and AR's. Few hunting rifles and fewer deals on them. Saw one place had a Ruger American $300 over everywhere else on the planet lol. What little powder was $50, and primers $175. A lot of ammo was over store prices.

Last edited:

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer
Disappointing show, now I remember why I haven't gone in years. Lots of handguns and AR's. Few hunting rifles and fewer deals on them. Saw one place had a Ruger American $300 over everywhere else on the planet lol. what little powder was $50, and primers $175. A lot of ammo was over store prices.

Did you honestly expect any different?

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I contemplated going. Mentioned it to my wife, she replied "you said you never get a deal at a gun show". I replied your right but I might find something hard to find that would cost 3 times what it would in the past." Then I thought heck it's probably all tactical stuff of which it don't need. Travel time, entry fee and disappointment, nah I'll stay home. Sad thing I really wanted to get out of the house and walking in the a/c would have been good for me.