Rainy Day Reading....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A good friend contributed two treasured and classic additions to my archery library a couple of weeks ago...an original edition(best I can tell) of Fred Bear's book, "The Archer's Bible" and a copy of Howard Hill's "Hunting the Hard Way". I've already built multiple strings for different riser/limb combinations, my gear's pretty well set for next weekend's tournament. I've still got some barred feathers to chop and arrows to fletch but with rain in the forecast all day and no way to tune these new arrows without getting a soaking, I think today will be a great day to spend taking some old school archery lessons.

Some archery advice has no age, it applies just as much today as it did 50-60-70 years ago. These days I think we have a tendency to complicate, over-think, and modernize things too much. I gotta believe that going back to basics with these two archery icons like these can have a lot of merit. LOL, even if it doesn't there's not much you can do with your clothes on that's much more enjoyable than reading about the exploits of these two legends...