Rabbit

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
Forgive the ignorance.

Do you guys shoot these little rabbits here in eastern NC? These things are not those big hares but the little 'bunny rabbit.' I'm interested in hunting them this fall, as the population has seemed to explode on my farm but I'm just curious as to if others hunt these.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

odie408

Ten Pointer
Yes sir, good eats and a lot of fun. Find someone close with pack of beagles to come hunt with you. Shouldn't be hard if you have rabbits.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Forgive the ignorance.

Do you guys shoot these little rabbits here in eastern NC? These things are not those big hares but the little 'bunny rabbit.' I'm interested in hunting them this fall, as the population has seemed to explode on my farm but I'm just curious as to if others hunt these.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Just as a side note, you will see a big change in the "explosion" when you go looking for them about Nov.

adkarcher

Six Pointer
Never chased the little cotton tails much, but used to hunt the snowshoe rabbits up North a lot. A lot fun, miss those days.

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Seeing by far the most baby rabbits this year than I have ever seen. I know most of them won't make it but it still should be a bumper crop this year

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Everything eats shrimp and rabbits.... :)

Learn how to make rabbit boxes (or gums), then you can trap as well...