Quick Weed invasion in the foodplot

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
My garden and clover foodplot have been invaded, by this stuff, image from my plot attached below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galinsoga_parviflora

If you mow it off at the ground it comes right back, if you pull it up it comes right back, if you spray it, it seems to come right back. Research I have done shows that you have to spray it repetitively over a few years to kill it as there are thousands of seeds and they last forever.

I have also found though reports that deer do eat it.

Does anybody else have experience with this stuff just how bad is it? should I let it grow should I do everything possible to kill it? my food plot is on the side of a mountain can't use a tractor to till, is the only real option is to spray spray and Mow. I try to keep my chemical uses to a minimum but if I have to I'll put it to it.

Attachments

• 20180805_125122.jpg
    20180805_125122.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 102

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got this same weed invading my daylily beds and it's terrible to pull out as well. It creeps on the ground with multiple attachment points that all have roots, so I can't see how anything but repeated spraying could penetrate it to kill it. Unfortunately I've got way too much tied up in daylilies to get spray anywhere around them .