Quick review of the Glock 48

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
20220527_170010.jpg
So I've had this fine weapon a couple of months or so, and to be frank this style of pistol isn't usually what I go with. Rifles and slingshots are more my deal, but as of late I was wanting something concealable, fits the hand well, and has a good amount of support. I did a lot of research and this is where I ended up.

After putting a few hundred rounds through it (don't worry guys, I only had to sell one kidney for ammo) I've found it quite the enjoyable shoot, perhaps a bit more snappy than a 19, but that makes sense. It's lighter and thinner. It's as accurate as any stock Glock I've messed around with, and has had zero reliability issues, but again all this kind of deal is kind of standard when it comes to Glock. The only thing that was a little weird that worked itself out in the end is this one was a tinge stiffer than any I've worked with in the past, and Glock triggers are something you've got to train into, as in they're a little tough for someone who isn't used to this kind of training. I suffered the low and left curse but I got through it by changing my grip and where I placed my trigger finger, fixed it up.

Now for some real cons. The sights are Glock sights, that is to say just below okay, but they can work. Capacity may be an issue, it's not for me, I'm comfortable with 10+1. But there is special magazines that bump that up to 15+1 which I appreciate, and I will test them at some point, but for now, the standard couple that came with it will do me well.

Now you may say "Kenny, you suck at hunting and fishing, why should I trust your opinion?" Ouch, fair, but let me explain. This gun may not be for you, especially if you have bigger hands, whereas I don't. Glock 19s feel a little blocky to me, I have solid medium sized hands. Which leads me to, if you're a guy with a smaller hand size, or you have a daughter, wife, mother, friend or whoever is a bit on the smaller side, this weapon may be good for them, as well as this firearm running about 100 dollars cheaper than most Glocks in the same store. The world is crazy, and maybe you'd like to have the piece of mind that your loved one is carrying concealed. If that's what you're looking for, I highly recommend having them try this weapon out. Regardless, have a great day, and be safe!