Quick review: New to me Maverick 88.

KennyZeDevilDog

Eight Pointer
Frankly, there isn't much to say about a firearm in this class in my opinion. It's a fine firearm that's rather straightforward and simplistic with no frills or any bonuses of the higher quality pump guns, and that's fine by me. It brings out a nostalgia in me that I had forgotten I had. My first deer I killed was with a Mossberg 500, and this handles dang near exactly the same. Parts availability is also pretty good, you can find accessories about everywhere, and the Maverick also shares barrel compatibility with the 500 so you can find a barrel to suit your needs for just about every situation. I feel these are great guns for mid to late teens. It can grow and change it with them or they can keep it the same and have a good dependable firearm for whatever they need.

The better story for it honestly was the price I paid for it, found it on GB for 150 beans, nobody else bid because it didn't have the recoil pad (10 buck fix when ordered straight from Mossberg.) I got it as a congratulations present from all that bull I had to go through recently, just finally felt healed up enough to shoot it today. Good golly I've missed shooting lol

20230507_135458.jpg

Attachments

• 20230507_135458.jpg
    20230507_135458.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 6

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had one years ago. Nothing fancy, shot a good pattern with buckshot, but I traded it off for something, can't remember what for. Now I have neither thing.

Gun was a little loose but well built for and inexpensive gun.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
my fist 4473 @ 18 years old was for a mav 88. points and shoots well for me. still have it and shoot it every now and then. its not worth enough to justify selling so its the backup to my 930.