Quick question for QBD, Firedog, & QBD2

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Are you boys tired of cleaning turkeys yet?!!! ;)

Way to wear em out! Looks like y'all are having a ball....making some great, lifelong memories. Congrats on another great turkey hunting excursion! Can't wait to read some of the stories.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Nah, I never get tired of cleaning turkeys;)

We'd have cleaned at least 2 more Wednesday but somebody, not named me or Pops, managed to miss on 3, Three, tres, trois separate occasions :ROFLMAO:

We are eastbound and down as of this morning. Pretty good trip all around. Kansas was a grind, and Nebraska temperamental, but we made it work for the most part.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
SAY it aint so!!
Oh it's so.. but it beat working and at that point I had already won the game, but I should have stuck with the old gun until I had the shells I really wanted for the new one. Live and learn.

There are not many days you beat that many birds in one day..+1..I called a 4th one in for QBD2 that day, one of the misses wa an attempt at a double

Last edited:

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Oh it's so.. but it beat working and at that point I had already won the game, but I should have stuck with the old gun until I had the shells I really wanted for the new one. Live and learn.

There are not many days you beat that many birds in one day..+1..I called a 4th one in for QBD2 that day, one of the misses wa an attempt at a double

I once heard somebody on the Outdoor Channel say....(seems like it might have been Travis "T-Bone" Turner).....he said "shoot, maybe............no shoot, no maybe". I thought that was a pretty good way to look at it. You were swinging the bat...not watching 2-strike fastballs 2 inches off the corner. No shame in that. Seems like we always take a bit of a ribbing when we miss.....but you went down swinging, and personally, I applaud that. And like you mentioned, you had already won the game really. Fact is, those 3 turkeys won the Nebraska lottery. I betcha the next 3 won't be so lucky. Congrats on a great trip.