Quick hunt

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a short and sweet hunt with Bat and Sue tonight. They went separate ways at the drop. Bat hit this coon deep but it was working it's way kinda back toward me. Sue was heading for parts unknown and I didn't want to have to go to the highway to get her so I toned her back. I don't know how I could have gotten any luckier but when she came back in she cut across a path through the woods just about the time Bat crossed it with this track. She hit their track and it was ON!

In just a few more minutes they had it treed. Again I doubted her as she was the first to tree and when I walked up it was in a small hickory out in a bunch of big trees. But he was all the way up in the top. The only bad thing all night was I made a bad shot and must have just skinned the side of the coons head and when he hit the ground he was PISSED! Bat now will be carrying a permanently deep notch in an ear for my bad shootingDSCF0984.JPGDSCF0990.JPG

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You are a lucky man to have all the private hunting that you do. We’re on public land til Jan 2. Even then, not over run with places to hunt. Years ago if you told me id had to coon hunt on gameland i would of laughed. Used to have plenty of places to hunt. The land has all changed hands, been developed of leased to deer hunters. Oh well, I will continue to plug along and hunt as long as I enjoy it like I do.