question

bubba man

Four Pointer
well i have to take the safty hunters course - does anyone know of any senior`s that might be taking it - i`m 69 yrs. of age and it seems like there are all young people taking this course

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I took it (again) with my daughter,,,,,

ain't nothing wrong with having some age on you when you attend,,,,enjoy it and learn

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Dad asked around the local Sr Center where he worked out, treadmill, etc and got a few to take it with him.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
When I took mine back in 2006, I just signed up for the first available course online. I was 22 at the time and we had a wide range of ages in the room. Anywhere from an 8yo to a couple guys and one lady that looked to be in their 50s.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Back when I took mine it was mainly guys in their 30s-50s with a few kids. This was back in the late 90s though.

Blades

Six Pointer
I took it recently with a group of ~50 and I would say age range was from 10-60’s but it’s full of great information that was very worth while.

The best part of it is if you have any questions on grey areas of the regulations or situations, you can ask the GW right on the spot. It’s an excellent program and very cordial with mostly like-minded individuals, highly recommended.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Regardless of the age group everyone is there for a common cause and goal.

I went back to college in my mid 40's and was a little intimidated at first but it wore off after a week or so. I knew the material inside and out since I'd been doing mechanical engineering duties since I was early 20's but needed the shingle to give me credibility. The younger folks related to me much quicker than I had initially thought. A very positive experience for me.....

bubba man

Four Pointer
yea i`m gonna take the class you`ll got me settled - now i`ve got to find out the best time - a BIG THANKS

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Why do you have to take it , just curious here if ya born before 1975 I believe it’s not required

Blades

Six Pointer
Why do you have to take it , just curious here if ya born before 1975 I believe it’s not required

I though that was the case too but..... I asked at the class because my father, who is retired special agent for the FBI, was curious if he needed it. The GW, who ironically I knew from high school said everyone, including LEO. I would think there might be discretion for a GW but it would be incredibly stupid to get a ticket over since the classes are free and just takes a half a day to complete.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS

Where does that fit n here:
On or after July 1, 2013, a person, regardless of age, may not purchase a hunting license in this State without producing one of the following, a hunter education certificate of competency, a NC hunting heritage apprentice permit, or a NC hunting license issued prior to July 1, 2013.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Do they or have they ever taught hunter safety in school in NC? This was done in VA every 7th grader took it. Just curious