Question on Ozone Machine for cabin

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
The little cabin I stay in the mountains got some gasoline spilled in it from a generator. So now it smells terrible! It’s a 10x16 building. Will one of those ozone generators reduce/take out the smell?? I’ve used the giant industrial ones in the past and I know they work great. I was looking at one of the $40-60 small machines that Amazon has on sale.

Any feedback is appreciated.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Can you dump baking soda on the floor where it spilled? A lot of it would be useful, but its cheap. Coffee grounds too will work. Quickest way is to light a match.....
Issue is i wasn’t there when it happened. I share the cabin with a couple other aquaitances who lease the land beside me. It was about 2 weeks ago when it happened. They attempted to clean it up, but I’m sure some of soaked into the plywood flooring because the smell is still strong.

I could probably just pull the flooring up and replace that piece of plywood. But I was thinking the ozone machine might help with the other smells that come along with 3 dudes sleeping in a small cabin….

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The ozone machine will help but you'll have to run it a while. I wouldn't be inside while I did it either as they give me a headache in close quaters.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
The ozone machine will help but you'll have to run it a while. I wouldn't be inside while I did it either as they give me a headache in close quaters.

You aren't supposed to be in the same space while running.

Yes they work, if you were close to me I'd just let you use mine

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You can always try and clean it with diesel fuel... Just kidding.
I'm not sure an oxidizing machine would do a good job on gas fumes. I'd say an open door and an exhaust fan would be the best solution.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This is going to sound goofy as ****, but spray it down good with Hunter's Specialties Scent Away. I don't know how well it will work by I know it takes the smell of gasoline off my hands.