Question for the Mechanics

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So guys, Need some help from the mechanics on board- The wife's 09' GMC Acadia developed an A/C leak last year, its in the rear a/c hose assembly. This hose assembly is 2 piece, crimp spliced from the factory. I took it to a shop that told me they fixed it,apparently what I found is they did a screw on splice & they are now out of business ( no surprise there).. So now I'm looking at buying a new hose & doing it myself. I can get a hand crimper online, hose & tools would run $600+..

Anyone had to resplice lines or recommendation on a good shop?

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have used a company called auto cooling solutions for rear line kits with very good success. Most were barrier hoses instead of hard lines so they were much easier to install. See if they have a hose kit for your vehicle.

spittinfire

Six Pointer
Why not just go down to the GM dealer and buy a new hose? It has to be cheaper then buying $600 worth of tools that you’ll use twice in a lifetime. Plus, you’ll know it will fit right.

I’ve made custom a/c lines and it takes a lot of time. You’ll probably screw up a crimp or two early on, most do...I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Why not just go down to the GM dealer and buy a new hose? It has to be cheaper then buying $600 worth of tools that you’ll use twice in a lifetime. Plus, you’ll know it will fit right.

I’ve made custom a/c lines and it takes a lot of time. You’ll probably screw up a crimp or two early on, most do...I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is from GM.. depending on where exactly,$380-$475 for the hose assembly which is 2 piece & has to be spliced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No problem, this is a 3 hose prefab assembly, I wouldn’t think of trying to custom build it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro