Question about a deer on camera

Famous Amos

Hey guys, I got a picture of a whole bunch of bumps on a does side and was wondering what is could be. One of the bumps is huge. I heard it could be from where a deer got into some hornets or yellow jackets. For some reason the picture won't post because it says it is two big. Thanks.

Last edited:

PROTECTOR

Four Pointer
Do they look like warts? If so, they are fibromas caused by a particular type of virus.

Sent from somewhere in the woods of NC.

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a doe like that here....or I saw here last year. Its weird looking but she acted okay.

Natural Flight Ryan

Most likely fibromas. As long as it's not interfering with eyes or mouth it's no big deal. Meat is still fine to eat.

Famous Amos

OK, thanks. I heard that if it gets worse I may need to shoot her. I will probably shoot her in season if I see her. I won't shoot her before season unless it gets a lot worse.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Do a search on google for deer fibromas. Some of the reputable stuff I have read said that they will often heal up when the deer's immune system is strengthened. No need to shoot her for the fibromas. Shoot her to eat maybe.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
I seen a small buck several years ago and I could hardly see the eyes or much of the deers face because of all of the warts or whatever it was hanging off its face. It was the craziest looking thing I've seen on an animal. I started to shoot it to put it out of its misery but ended up letting it walk away. I was later told it was probably fibromas.

Last edited:

Cocked & Locked

Four Pointer
Fibroma

I've shot several with Fibroma in Montgomery County NC. Here's the worst...Polaroid pic kinda dates it...probably 15 years ago. The doe was blind on the right side and almost so on the left. The remainder of the body was well covered but not as severe as the head.

posted pic here before

391432681.jpg