putting together a team for next year,,,

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Hey Mr Woodmoose any plans for a new belt? That Eastern Diamondback sure would be pretty. Maybe a coral snake for a nice leather wristband. Of course I'm kidding but be careful. Those rascals are there. Any stories or pictures would be awesome

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
boondoggle complete
Team Participants - me,,, everyone else had an "I'd go but,,,"

had a great time - may do it again next year, depending on dates
no pictures - rules of the event and I won't make the call on what some snake lover calls "offensive"

hot
LOTS of dang people running around

time to get some work done before the REAL boondoggling starts,,, plus SC bow season opens Monday

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Any luck seeing any pythons? What about other venomous snakes? I had heard that place is crawling with coral. pygmies. eastern, moccasins and copperheads. Any truth. We all love stories about snakes

richard corn

Ten Pointer
yes

yes, and non-venomous as well but those were nothing - I was looking for pythons

define "crawling"
all snakes crawl,,, some climb as well
Figure of speech but climbing a tree could arguably be considered crawling..just north and south not east and west.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Figure of speech but climbing a tree could arguably be considered crawling..just north and south not east and west.

Arguably north and south on a tree only if it’s felled in that direction 😏

It would arguably be correct to call it crawling the z axis.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was thinking about this thread a d wondering about attendance from here when I caught a news story about it. Now I know.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Is there a breeding "season" for them? I would think not down in Florida. Grew up down there. And it's Summer 360 days a year, and 5 days of post cold front where the highs may be below 80 degrees.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Is there a breeding "season" for them? I would think not down in Florida. Grew up down there. And it's Summer 360 days a year, and 5 days of post cold front where the highs may be below 80 degrees.
It’s about a 5-6 month ordeal from conception for Burmese Pythons. Takes about 3 months before delivering a clutch and then the female stays coiled around the eggs for 6-8 weeks. She never leaves the clutch to eat. Once they are hatched they are left to fend for themselves and the female resumes eating to build energy reserves for next year.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Is there a breeding "season" for them? I

per the biologists (of which I am not one) The mating season observed in Everglades National Park occurs between December and April, with females laying eggs from May to June, and eggs hatching between July and August