putting together a team for next year,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Dates set (thanks for the heads up @agsnchunt )

time to get serious

but will have to wait till Monday - I’m in fishing mode this week

who’s playing?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
August 5th through 14th

There is an on line course you need to complete.

Here's the link to dispatching the python; requires a captive bolt or airgun

and an ice pick.....

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A friend has seen big 14+ foot pythons sunning themselves on the road in Flamingo. This was a few years ago. I'm sure the hunters have put a dent in them.

Be careful around the Anacondas, Green Mambas and King Cobras. They've been spotted down there....

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
That article said "it started with a few careless pet owners in the 1990's." I thought it started with hurricane Andrew destroying that herpetology center and all the snakes got loose ?
Am I wrong ? Anyone remember that ?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
1) have you flow Allegiant or other discount airline?
2) have you seen woodmoose?

I flew to vegas on a discount airline and the seats are much closer together than standard airlines…… and woodmoose is about 5’17”-5’18”
He could probably "encourage" someone to move. 🤣

richard corn

Ten Pointer
That article said "it started with a few careless pet owners in the 1990's." I thought it started with hurricane Andrew destroying that herpetology center and all the snakes got loose ?
I remember that hurricane and the damage it caused. True a herpetology breeder lab was knocked over and don't know how many snakes escaped. That along with pet owners releasing them once they get too big is the other contributing factor.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If you have to grab them behind the head like in the TV show, I'm out. I'm not sticking my hand down there to be bitten. Let me shoot them from 10 yards away.
Just get yerself one of those little sticks with a hoop on it. You'll be fine. ;)

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Seen articles that said both contributed to the problem.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
@NCST8GUY and @YanceyGreenhorn have GOT to be involved in this boondoggle. I mean...first person, tactacam rolling, Florida Everglades tromping...involved.
I think this is the most I’ve been mentioned in one thread without being insulted . I know, I know…it’s still early.

all jokes aside….what are peoples time frames looking like. I can’t do 10 days but man I’d like to get there for a few days if possible

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
1) have you flown Allegiant or other discount airline?
2) have you seen woodmoose?

I flew to vegas on a discount airline and the seats are much closer together than standard airlines…… and woodmoose is about 5’17”-5’18”
Never met woodmoose, but I've turned into quite of a round person lately and that doesn't sound like fun.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I think this is the most I’ve been mentioned in one thread without being insulted . I know, I know…it’s still early.

all jokes aside….what are peoples time frames looking like. I can’t do 10 days but man I’d like to get there for a few days if possible

As mentioned, will work final planning when I get back from current boondoggle but not planning on full 10 days