putting together a team for next year,,,

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
The more this thread progresses, the more I want it to become reality . I’m a mediocre outdoorsman cuz I spend a little time trying a bit of everything instead of a lot of time doing one thing. Might as well add another species and locale to the 💩 show

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’m a mediocre outdoorsman cuz I spend a little time trying a bit of everything instead of a lot of time doing one thing. Might as well add another species and locale to the 💩 show

in the dog world,,, my dog is called a "versatile dog" here in the states,, the Germans call them "useful dogs" or "practical dogs",,,
they are bred, trained, and used on most anything,,, and have guard dog tendencies,,,

I consider myself a "versatile hunter",,, why I have a "versatile dog",,, don't need 8 different varieties and i LIKE to hunt different things

life's too short to ONLY hunt one or two species,,,

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
apparently there is a plethora of invasives that can be taken with an air rifle down there.
snakeheads, iguanas, snakes. I might have to give this some thought. lol
maybe hogs too? Some of these airguns nowadays are no joke.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
apparently there is a plethora of invasives that can be taken with an air rifle down there.
snakeheads, iguanas, snakes. I might have to give this some thought. lol
maybe hogs too? Some of these airguns nowadays are no joke.
I’d have to double check it, but on the python challenge website I believe it says you can harvest other invasive during your snake hunt. I’ll have to look again and confirm

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I look at the pythons sorta like i do feral hogs. If they are the environmental disaster as claimed (and I do not doubt that they are), the solution is to make them DEAD by any reasonable means, not nitpick a bunch of crazy rules that restrict reasonable means of making them dead. Shotguns certainly seem to be a reasonable means to me and I bet allowing shotguns would increase the number of dead pythons.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I look at the pythons sorta like i do feral hogs. If they are the environmental disaster as claimed (and I do not doubt that they are), the solution is to make them DEAD by any reasonable means, not nitpick a bunch of crazy rules that restrict reasonable means of making them dead. Shotguns certainly seem to be a reasonable means to me and I bet allowing shotguns would increase the number of dead pythons.
My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound like Florida is serious about getting rid of them.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nope I'm not a fan of jungles...... Maybe you could talk me into photographing the adventure but I doubt it. 🐍

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound like Florida is serious about getting rid of them.

Im guessing the INTENT is to keep outsiders that don’t know their snakes, from blasting every native snake they see, from 25ft away, before making 110% sure it’s a python. That’s what my rona-washed house arrested brain came up with though. Take it for what you paid for it.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Im guessing the INTENT is to keep outsiders that don’t know their snakes, from blasting every native snake they see, from 25ft away, before making 110% sure it’s a python. That’s what my rona-washed house arrested brain came up with though. Take it for what you paid for it.
Im still not seeing a problem.... ;)

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

I think they're serious about getting rid of them. But one could surmise this specific rodeo might have a little more touristy flare, than the job of the everyday python hunter.