Pulled out some venison flanks to smoke.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Wife said whats for dinner?
Pulled out some venison flank steaks.
Trim them up rubbed in a little salt and pepper, put them in a bag with some lime juice, lemon juice, little dill pickle juice then let it sit for 30 min.
After that I pulled them out and used a little.of the Mr. Gadget Good Azz Butt Rub. Let them soak that up some.....
Yep rubbed them down good then placed on a hot charcoal grill and added my oak JD wood chips to start and 5 min later added the maple chips, closed bottom air and 90% closed then let the heavy smoke fill the wonderful flanks that most dont even save.
Not really sure on cook time, I do it by look and feel, then again I have done it for years. Sure was nice, sliced thin, had on a bed of rice with steamed peas along with a little soy-teriyaki sauce.
You all need to save all the meat you can. It is fun cooking other peoples trash meat.

20200620_191025.jpg

Thylacine

Button Buck
Looks like all kind of goodness!

and this:

"You all need to save all the meat you can. It is fun cooking other peoples trash meat."

LOVE it...it is quite enjoyable taking something most folks won't eat for any reason and making it a tasty table filler.